Dec 16, 2011, 11:10 AM EDT
Picture, if you will, an All-Star Game in the future that sees as many country music stars in the crowd as there are NHL stars on the ice.
That’s just what the folks in Nashville are hoping for after the Nashville Predators extended their naming rights to the Bridgestone Arena with Bridgestone Tires. With Bridgestone being one of the biggest NHL sponsors, getting a perk like hosting the league’s annual gathering of stars is something the Predators and Bridgestone are hoping will happen as Andy Humbles of The Tennessean shares.
“We’re going to do what we can to bring an all-star game here,” said Gary Garfield, chief executive officer of Bridgestone Americas.
Nashville has never hosted the All-Star Game and the biggest hockey event that’s taken place there would be the Predators reaching the second round of the playoffs last season. Nashville also hosted the NHL Draft in 2003.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 14
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 21
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 62
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 53
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights