Dec 16, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
Former NHL player and current hockey analyst Mike Milbury has been charged with assault and battery on a 12-year-old boy during a pee-wee game last Friday night (Dec. 9) in Brookline, Mass.
Milbury, 59, played more than 1,500 games in the NHL for the Boston Bruins. He also spent time as an NHL coach and general manager.
Milbury allegedly assaulted a child on the Boston Junior Black Hawks in a game against the Boch Blazers, for whom Milbury serves as an assistant coach and his son plays. The incident allegedly occurred on the ice in response to a confrontation between the child and Milbury’s son.
Milbury is a hockey analyst for NBC, CBC and NESN.
Update (4:05 p.m. ET): Milbury denies allegations
Update (5:05 p.m. ET): Statement from an NBC Sports Group spokesperson: “In our discussions with Mike, we both came to the conclusion that he should remain off the air while focusing on his affairs.”
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)