Dec 16, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers will look to snap a two-game losing streak Saturday in Phoenix. Whether Sean Avery participates remains up in the air, but what’s clear is his frustration at watching from the press box.
Avery last saw action Saturday in Buffalo, if you can call 3:48 of ice time action. He’s been made a healthy scratch by coach John Tortorella the last three games.
“It’s definitely more frustrating,” Avery told the New York Post when asked how it felt to watch his team lose back-to-back games. “I know I can help.”
But his chances to help the Rangers on a consistent basis might have diminished even further with the expected return of Mike Rupp to Saturday’s lineup. The big forward’s been out since October with a knee injury.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15