Dec 16, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
The New York Rangers will look to snap a two-game losing streak Saturday in Phoenix. Whether Sean Avery participates remains up in the air, but what’s clear is his frustration at watching from the press box.
Avery last saw action Saturday in Buffalo, if you can call 3:48 of ice time action. He’s been made a healthy scratch by coach John Tortorella the last three games.
“It’s definitely more frustrating,” Avery told the New York Post when asked how it felt to watch his team lose back-to-back games. “I know I can help.”
But his chances to help the Rangers on a consistent basis might have diminished even further with the expected return of Mike Rupp to Saturday’s lineup. The big forward’s been out since October with a knee injury.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)