Dec 16, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
The New York Rangers will look to snap a two-game losing streak Saturday in Phoenix. Whether Sean Avery participates remains up in the air, but what’s clear is his frustration at watching from the press box.
Avery last saw action Saturday in Buffalo, if you can call 3:48 of ice time action. He’s been made a healthy scratch by coach John Tortorella the last three games.
“It’s definitely more frustrating,” Avery told the New York Post when asked how it felt to watch his team lose back-to-back games. “I know I can help.”
But his chances to help the Rangers on a consistent basis might have diminished even further with the expected return of Mike Rupp to Saturday’s lineup. The big forward’s been out since October with a knee injury.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)