Dec 16, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers will look to snap a two-game losing streak Saturday in Phoenix. Whether Sean Avery participates remains up in the air, but what’s clear is his frustration at watching from the press box.
Avery last saw action Saturday in Buffalo, if you can call 3:48 of ice time action. He’s been made a healthy scratch by coach John Tortorella the last three games.
“It’s definitely more frustrating,” Avery told the New York Post when asked how it felt to watch his team lose back-to-back games. “I know I can help.”
But his chances to help the Rangers on a consistent basis might have diminished even further with the expected return of Mike Rupp to Saturday’s lineup. The big forward’s been out since October with a knee injury.
- Video: Bruins, Hawks combine for five goals in 11 minutes during wild second period 0
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 61
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming