Dec 16, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers will look to snap a two-game losing streak Saturday in Phoenix. Whether Sean Avery participates remains up in the air, but what’s clear is his frustration at watching from the press box.
Avery last saw action Saturday in Buffalo, if you can call 3:48 of ice time action. He’s been made a healthy scratch by coach John Tortorella the last three games.
“It’s definitely more frustrating,” Avery told the New York Post when asked how it felt to watch his team lose back-to-back games. “I know I can help.”
But his chances to help the Rangers on a consistent basis might have diminished even further with the expected return of Mike Rupp to Saturday’s lineup. The big forward’s been out since October with a knee injury.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 21
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 34
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51