Dec 15, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
CBC.ca has unveiled its list of the top 10 Canadian sports personalities on Twitter, and to nobody’s surprise the list is dominated by National Hockey League personalities.
The only non-hockey people to make the cut were Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash, Milwaukee Brewers closer John Axford, Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista and Hamilton Tiger-Cats running back Avon Cobourne (of the Canadian Football League — you know, the one with the oddball rules and gigantic endzones.)
The NHLers that made it include…
Paul Bissonnette (@BizNasty2point0): Obvious choice, though the article failed to mention the media firestorm he created with the Raffi Torres/Jay-Z Halloween costume flap. As much as I love reading BizNasty’s thoughts on yoga pants, ignoring his most noteworthy Twitter moment is a fairly egregious oversight.
Ron Wilson (@coachrw63): Had some fairly noteworthy Twitter battles with oft-injured Colby Armstrong (@armdog) this year. Personal favorite — “Just gave all Dad’s their son’s jerseys. All claimed to be @PKessel81 ‘s dad. @armdog dad would only accept jersey if it had bandaid on it.”
Logan Couture (@LoganCouture): The ongoing saga here is that Couture is really into Drake, the greatest Canadian rapper since Tom Green (that’s him in the Ottawa Senators hat). Couture’s man-crush culminated with this personalized San Jose Sharks jersey.
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 3
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 15
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)