Dec 15, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
CBC.ca has unveiled its list of the top 10 Canadian sports personalities on Twitter, and to nobody’s surprise the list is dominated by National Hockey League personalities.
The only non-hockey people to make the cut were Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash, Milwaukee Brewers closer John Axford, Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista and Hamilton Tiger-Cats running back Avon Cobourne (of the Canadian Football League — you know, the one with the oddball rules and gigantic endzones.)
The NHLers that made it include…
Paul Bissonnette (@BizNasty2point0): Obvious choice, though the article failed to mention the media firestorm he created with the Raffi Torres/Jay-Z Halloween costume flap. As much as I love reading BizNasty’s thoughts on yoga pants, ignoring his most noteworthy Twitter moment is a fairly egregious oversight.
Ron Wilson (@coachrw63): Had some fairly noteworthy Twitter battles with oft-injured Colby Armstrong (@armdog) this year. Personal favorite — “Just gave all Dad’s their son’s jerseys. All claimed to be @PKessel81 ‘s dad. @armdog dad would only accept jersey if it had bandaid on it.”
Logan Couture (@LoganCouture): The ongoing saga here is that Couture is really into Drake, the greatest Canadian rapper since Tom Green (that’s him in the Ottawa Senators hat). Couture’s man-crush culminated with this personalized San Jose Sharks jersey.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)