Dec 15, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
CBC.ca has unveiled its list of the top 10 Canadian sports personalities on Twitter, and to nobody’s surprise the list is dominated by National Hockey League personalities.
The only non-hockey people to make the cut were Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash, Milwaukee Brewers closer John Axford, Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista and Hamilton Tiger-Cats running back Avon Cobourne (of the Canadian Football League — you know, the one with the oddball rules and gigantic endzones.)
The NHLers that made it include…
Paul Bissonnette (@BizNasty2point0): Obvious choice, though the article failed to mention the media firestorm he created with the Raffi Torres/Jay-Z Halloween costume flap. As much as I love reading BizNasty’s thoughts on yoga pants, ignoring his most noteworthy Twitter moment is a fairly egregious oversight.
Ron Wilson (@coachrw63): Had some fairly noteworthy Twitter battles with oft-injured Colby Armstrong (@armdog) this year. Personal favorite — “Just gave all Dad’s their son’s jerseys. All claimed to be @PKessel81 ‘s dad. @armdog dad would only accept jersey if it had bandaid on it.”
Logan Couture (@LoganCouture): The ongoing saga here is that Couture is really into Drake, the greatest Canadian rapper since Tom Green (that’s him in the Ottawa Senators hat). Couture’s man-crush culminated with this personalized San Jose Sharks jersey.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32