Dec 15, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
CBC.ca has unveiled its list of the top 10 Canadian sports personalities on Twitter, and to nobody’s surprise the list is dominated by National Hockey League personalities.
The only non-hockey people to make the cut were Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash, Milwaukee Brewers closer John Axford, Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista and Hamilton Tiger-Cats running back Avon Cobourne (of the Canadian Football League — you know, the one with the oddball rules and gigantic endzones.)
The NHLers that made it include…
Paul Bissonnette (@BizNasty2point0): Obvious choice, though the article failed to mention the media firestorm he created with the Raffi Torres/Jay-Z Halloween costume flap. As much as I love reading BizNasty’s thoughts on yoga pants, ignoring his most noteworthy Twitter moment is a fairly egregious oversight.
Ron Wilson (@coachrw63): Had some fairly noteworthy Twitter battles with oft-injured Colby Armstrong (@armdog) this year. Personal favorite — “Just gave all Dad’s their son’s jerseys. All claimed to be @PKessel81 ‘s dad. @armdog dad would only accept jersey if it had bandaid on it.”
Logan Couture (@LoganCouture): The ongoing saga here is that Couture is really into Drake, the greatest Canadian rapper since Tom Green (that’s him in the Ottawa Senators hat). Couture’s man-crush culminated with this personalized San Jose Sharks jersey.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)