Dec 15, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
CBC.ca has unveiled its list of the top 10 Canadian sports personalities on Twitter, and to nobody’s surprise the list is dominated by National Hockey League personalities.
The only non-hockey people to make the cut were Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash, Milwaukee Brewers closer John Axford, Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista and Hamilton Tiger-Cats running back Avon Cobourne (of the Canadian Football League — you know, the one with the oddball rules and gigantic endzones.)
The NHLers that made it include…
Paul Bissonnette (@BizNasty2point0): Obvious choice, though the article failed to mention the media firestorm he created with the Raffi Torres/Jay-Z Halloween costume flap. As much as I love reading BizNasty’s thoughts on yoga pants, ignoring his most noteworthy Twitter moment is a fairly egregious oversight.
Ron Wilson (@coachrw63): Had some fairly noteworthy Twitter battles with oft-injured Colby Armstrong (@armdog) this year. Personal favorite — “Just gave all Dad’s their son’s jerseys. All claimed to be @PKessel81 ‘s dad. @armdog dad would only accept jersey if it had bandaid on it.”
Logan Couture (@LoganCouture): The ongoing saga here is that Couture is really into Drake, the greatest Canadian rapper since Tom Green (that’s him in the Ottawa Senators hat). Couture’s man-crush culminated with this personalized San Jose Sharks jersey.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20