Dec 15, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
While the Kings are reeling and dying to get some wins, breaking out three bench players is a suspect way to do it.
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times tweets that Kings starters Slava Voynov, Willie Mitchell, and Trent Hunter will be out of action tonight against Columbus. Taking their place will be Alec Martinez, Davis Drewiske, and Trevor Lewis.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Rich Hammond finds out from interim head coach John Stevens that he wasn’t happy with Voynov’s effort in their last game against Boston and is sitting him out because of it. Take that, rookie.
Adding those moves on top of not having the team’s second best scorer Mike Richards and all of a sudden the Blue Jackets don’t look so bad by comparison.
Stevens is finding out that keeping the team afloat while the Kings await Darryl Sutter’s reply as to whether he’ll accept the coaching job or not is proving to be a lot harder than the roster would dictate. The Kings are losers of five in a row and seven of their last nine and in line to only make it worse tonight.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)