Dec 15, 2011, 12:55 PM EST
While the Kings are reeling and dying to get some wins, breaking out three bench players is a suspect way to do it.
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times tweets that Kings starters Slava Voynov, Willie Mitchell, and Trent Hunter will be out of action tonight against Columbus. Taking their place will be Alec Martinez, Davis Drewiske, and Trevor Lewis.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Rich Hammond finds out from interim head coach John Stevens that he wasn’t happy with Voynov’s effort in their last game against Boston and is sitting him out because of it. Take that, rookie.
Adding those moves on top of not having the team’s second best scorer Mike Richards and all of a sudden the Blue Jackets don’t look so bad by comparison.
Stevens is finding out that keeping the team afloat while the Kings await Darryl Sutter’s reply as to whether he’ll accept the coaching job or not is proving to be a lot harder than the roster would dictate. The Kings are losers of five in a row and seven of their last nine and in line to only make it worse tonight.
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 6
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 6
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 2
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 10
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)