Dec 15, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
While the Kings are reeling and dying to get some wins, breaking out three bench players is a suspect way to do it.
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times tweets that Kings starters Slava Voynov, Willie Mitchell, and Trent Hunter will be out of action tonight against Columbus. Taking their place will be Alec Martinez, Davis Drewiske, and Trevor Lewis.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Rich Hammond finds out from interim head coach John Stevens that he wasn’t happy with Voynov’s effort in their last game against Boston and is sitting him out because of it. Take that, rookie.
Adding those moves on top of not having the team’s second best scorer Mike Richards and all of a sudden the Blue Jackets don’t look so bad by comparison.
Stevens is finding out that keeping the team afloat while the Kings await Darryl Sutter’s reply as to whether he’ll accept the coaching job or not is proving to be a lot harder than the roster would dictate. The Kings are losers of five in a row and seven of their last nine and in line to only make it worse tonight.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17