Dec 15, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
While the Kings are reeling and dying to get some wins, breaking out three bench players is a suspect way to do it.
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times tweets that Kings starters Slava Voynov, Willie Mitchell, and Trent Hunter will be out of action tonight against Columbus. Taking their place will be Alec Martinez, Davis Drewiske, and Trevor Lewis.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Rich Hammond finds out from interim head coach John Stevens that he wasn’t happy with Voynov’s effort in their last game against Boston and is sitting him out because of it. Take that, rookie.
Adding those moves on top of not having the team’s second best scorer Mike Richards and all of a sudden the Blue Jackets don’t look so bad by comparison.
Stevens is finding out that keeping the team afloat while the Kings await Darryl Sutter’s reply as to whether he’ll accept the coaching job or not is proving to be a lot harder than the roster would dictate. The Kings are losers of five in a row and seven of their last nine and in line to only make it worse tonight.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 14
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)