Dec 15, 2011, 12:55 PM EST
While the Kings are reeling and dying to get some wins, breaking out three bench players is a suspect way to do it.
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times tweets that Kings starters Slava Voynov, Willie Mitchell, and Trent Hunter will be out of action tonight against Columbus. Taking their place will be Alec Martinez, Davis Drewiske, and Trevor Lewis.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Rich Hammond finds out from interim head coach John Stevens that he wasn’t happy with Voynov’s effort in their last game against Boston and is sitting him out because of it. Take that, rookie.
Adding those moves on top of not having the team’s second best scorer Mike Richards and all of a sudden the Blue Jackets don’t look so bad by comparison.
Stevens is finding out that keeping the team afloat while the Kings await Darryl Sutter’s reply as to whether he’ll accept the coaching job or not is proving to be a lot harder than the roster would dictate. The Kings are losers of five in a row and seven of their last nine and in line to only make it worse tonight.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 32
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 70
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 66
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 33
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)