Dec 15, 2011, 9:47 AM EDT
It’s really not funny to joke about Rick DiPietro‘s injury problems anymore.
After DiPietro hurt his groin over a week ago, the Islanders have made the inevitable move of putting him on injured reserve. With Evgeni Nabokov back from his own injury, putting DiPietro on IR hurts a bit less. The fact that he’s hurt yet again, however, has become some kind of sad reoccurring nightmare for DiPietro.
DiPietro’s injury is bad enough for New York but his play in goal this season has managed to be worse. Out of DiPietro, Nabokov, and Al Montoya it was DiPietro who was playing the worst of the bunch. If nothing else, the time away could help DiPietro clear his mind about how he’s played.
Then again, maybe medical science will someday improve so that even DiPietro can play a full season without any issues.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)