Dec 15, 2011, 9:47 AM EST
It’s really not funny to joke about Rick DiPietro‘s injury problems anymore.
After DiPietro hurt his groin over a week ago, the Islanders have made the inevitable move of putting him on injured reserve. With Evgeni Nabokov back from his own injury, putting DiPietro on IR hurts a bit less. The fact that he’s hurt yet again, however, has become some kind of sad reoccurring nightmare for DiPietro.
DiPietro’s injury is bad enough for New York but his play in goal this season has managed to be worse. Out of DiPietro, Nabokov, and Al Montoya it was DiPietro who was playing the worst of the bunch. If nothing else, the time away could help DiPietro clear his mind about how he’s played.
Then again, maybe medical science will someday improve so that even DiPietro can play a full season without any issues.
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 1
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 25
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8