Dec 15, 2011, 5:37 PM EST
Pronger met with neurologists Thursday for an examination by the same doctors that dealt with Sidney Crosby. He’s been out of the Flyers lineup since Nov. 19 with post-concussion symptoms.
According to reports, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said the organization would make an official announcement on Pronger once he and the team had spoken with the doctors.
That led to the following tweets from Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos and TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
In the interest of fair and balanced Twitter reportage, it should be noted that Philadelphia media folk (Sarah Baicker, Tim Panaccio and Frank Seravalli) say reports of Pronger’s season being over are premature.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 6
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46