Dec 15, 2011, 5:37 PM EST
Pronger met with neurologists Thursday for an examination by the same doctors that dealt with Sidney Crosby. He’s been out of the Flyers lineup since Nov. 19 with post-concussion symptoms.
According to reports, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said the organization would make an official announcement on Pronger once he and the team had spoken with the doctors.
That led to the following tweets from Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos and TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
In the interest of fair and balanced Twitter reportage, it should be noted that Philadelphia media folk (Sarah Baicker, Tim Panaccio and Frank Seravalli) say reports of Pronger’s season being over are premature.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15