Dec 15, 2011, 5:37 PM EST
Pronger met with neurologists Thursday for an examination by the same doctors that dealt with Sidney Crosby. He’s been out of the Flyers lineup since Nov. 19 with post-concussion symptoms.
According to reports, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said the organization would make an official announcement on Pronger once he and the team had spoken with the doctors.
That led to the following tweets from Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos and TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
In the interest of fair and balanced Twitter reportage, it should be noted that Philadelphia media folk (Sarah Baicker, Tim Panaccio and Frank Seravalli) say reports of Pronger’s season being over are premature.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 13
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 13
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35