Dec 15, 2011, 5:37 PM EDT
Pronger met with neurologists Thursday for an examination by the same doctors that dealt with Sidney Crosby. He’s been out of the Flyers lineup since Nov. 19 with post-concussion symptoms.
According to reports, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said the organization would make an official announcement on Pronger once he and the team had spoken with the doctors.
That led to the following tweets from Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos and TSN’s Bob McKenzie:
In the interest of fair and balanced Twitter reportage, it should be noted that Philadelphia media folk (Sarah Baicker, Tim Panaccio and Frank Seravalli) say reports of Pronger’s season being over are premature.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6