Dec 15, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Eric Stephens of the OC Register culled this quote from Bruce Boudreau following Anaheim’s 4-1 win over Phoenix last night:
Zing! Take that, Washington.
You know, it’s nice to see Boudreau finally fire a parting shot at the Caps (even if it was rather innocuous). He seemed far too gracious in dismissal after the team had clearly stopped playing for him.
I know you’re supposed to leave with your head held high, not burn any bridges and stay classy…but c’mon. It’s good to take a jab at your ex-employer every now and again. Fun too.
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 0
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 12
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 82
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)