Dec 15, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Eric Stephens of the OC Register culled this quote from Bruce Boudreau following Anaheim’s 4-1 win over Phoenix last night:
Zing! Take that, Washington.
You know, it’s nice to see Boudreau finally fire a parting shot at the Caps (even if it was rather innocuous). He seemed far too gracious in dismissal after the team had clearly stopped playing for him.
I know you’re supposed to leave with your head held high, not burn any bridges and stay classy…but c’mon. It’s good to take a jab at your ex-employer every now and again. Fun too.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)