Dec 15, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Eric Stephens of the OC Register culled this quote from Bruce Boudreau following Anaheim’s 4-1 win over Phoenix last night:
Zing! Take that, Washington.
You know, it’s nice to see Boudreau finally fire a parting shot at the Caps (even if it was rather innocuous). He seemed far too gracious in dismissal after the team had clearly stopped playing for him.
I know you’re supposed to leave with your head held high, not burn any bridges and stay classy…but c’mon. It’s good to take a jab at your ex-employer every now and again. Fun too.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)