Dec 15, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Eric Stephens of the OC Register culled this quote from Bruce Boudreau following Anaheim’s 4-1 win over Phoenix last night:
Zing! Take that, Washington.
You know, it’s nice to see Boudreau finally fire a parting shot at the Caps (even if it was rather innocuous). He seemed far too gracious in dismissal after the team had clearly stopped playing for him.
I know you’re supposed to leave with your head held high, not burn any bridges and stay classy…but c’mon. It’s good to take a jab at your ex-employer every now and again. Fun too.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)