Dec 15, 2011, 10:41 AM EDT
It was an ugly night for Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid. McQuaid earned a kneeing major and a game misconduct for his knee-on-knee hit on Ottawa’s Nick Foligno and might also earn a suspension from Brendan Shanahan for his efforts.
While that’s all negative, on the upside McQuaid is sorry for what he did. McQuaid tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he feels bad about how things went down.
“If I could take it back, I definitely would,” said McQuaid, who blocked a pair of shots and registered three hits in. “It was one of those things where you go, ‘Oh, crap’, right after it happened.
“The penalty was deserved. That’s not me at all. I think that’s actually my first major penalty in my career outside of the fighting calls, and I don’t plan on getting any more.”
McQuaid might be saying “Oh, crap” should he wind up getting a call from the NHL for the hit. Foligno did leave the game momentarily because of the hit but returned to action. He should consider himself fortunate to not have a serious knee injury.
In case you missed video of the hit, we’ve got it for you.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)