Dec 15, 2011, 10:41 AM EDT
It was an ugly night for Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid. McQuaid earned a kneeing major and a game misconduct for his knee-on-knee hit on Ottawa’s Nick Foligno and might also earn a suspension from Brendan Shanahan for his efforts.
While that’s all negative, on the upside McQuaid is sorry for what he did. McQuaid tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he feels bad about how things went down.
“If I could take it back, I definitely would,” said McQuaid, who blocked a pair of shots and registered three hits in. “It was one of those things where you go, ‘Oh, crap’, right after it happened.
“The penalty was deserved. That’s not me at all. I think that’s actually my first major penalty in my career outside of the fighting calls, and I don’t plan on getting any more.”
McQuaid might be saying “Oh, crap” should he wind up getting a call from the NHL for the hit. Foligno did leave the game momentarily because of the hit but returned to action. He should consider himself fortunate to not have a serious knee injury.
In case you missed video of the hit, we’ve got it for you.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 0
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)