Dec 15, 2011, 10:41 AM EST
It was an ugly night for Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid. McQuaid earned a kneeing major and a game misconduct for his knee-on-knee hit on Ottawa’s Nick Foligno and might also earn a suspension from Brendan Shanahan for his efforts.
While that’s all negative, on the upside McQuaid is sorry for what he did. McQuaid tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he feels bad about how things went down.
“If I could take it back, I definitely would,” said McQuaid, who blocked a pair of shots and registered three hits in. “It was one of those things where you go, ‘Oh, crap’, right after it happened.
“The penalty was deserved. That’s not me at all. I think that’s actually my first major penalty in my career outside of the fighting calls, and I don’t plan on getting any more.”
McQuaid might be saying “Oh, crap” should he wind up getting a call from the NHL for the hit. Foligno did leave the game momentarily because of the hit but returned to action. He should consider himself fortunate to not have a serious knee injury.
In case you missed video of the hit, we’ve got it for you.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8