Dec 15, 2011, 10:41 AM EDT
It was an ugly night for Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid. McQuaid earned a kneeing major and a game misconduct for his knee-on-knee hit on Ottawa’s Nick Foligno and might also earn a suspension from Brendan Shanahan for his efforts.
While that’s all negative, on the upside McQuaid is sorry for what he did. McQuaid tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he feels bad about how things went down.
“If I could take it back, I definitely would,” said McQuaid, who blocked a pair of shots and registered three hits in. “It was one of those things where you go, ‘Oh, crap’, right after it happened.
“The penalty was deserved. That’s not me at all. I think that’s actually my first major penalty in my career outside of the fighting calls, and I don’t plan on getting any more.”
McQuaid might be saying “Oh, crap” should he wind up getting a call from the NHL for the hit. Foligno did leave the game momentarily because of the hit but returned to action. He should consider himself fortunate to not have a serious knee injury.
In case you missed video of the hit, we’ve got it for you.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 32
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 14
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 14
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)