Dec 14, 2011, 2:54 PM EDT
The Canadian Press is reporting that male fans of the Winnipeg Jets have started an online petition to replace bathroom urinals at the MTS Center with old-fashioned troughs.
“Bring back the trough,” the petition states. “Have you notice [sic] the long line ups at the MTS Center mens washrooms. Back in the days of the Winnipeg Area [sic], the trough system made that wait short.”
More than 230 people have signed the hastily-spelled petition, which urges the MTS Centre to ditch single-serve urinals. There’s just a handful of porcelain wall potties in each of the arena’s eight concourse-level washrooms, often resulting in long wait times.
“Oh, it’s killer, it’s killer, especially when intermission comes. It’s very long waiting,” Jets fan Don Lavallee told CBC News.
The excessive wait times have resulted in male fans missing parts of games, something male fans find unacceptable. As such, they’re open to the idea of peeing together into a big metal receptacle, which I think is how the plague got started.
An MTS Centre official said they’ve heard the call for cattle-style relief, but insist the current bathroom system will remain in place. This is probably because society has made a lot of positive advancements in the urinal field, and the MTS Centre doesn’t want to be the one setting that back.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 24
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)