Dec 14, 2011, 10:04 AM EDT
Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times hears it from Brouwer that last night’s Caps loss was so bad it wasn’t worth the cost to go see it.
“I wouldn’t have wanted to pay money to see that hockey game tonight if I was a Caps fan,” he said. “It just wasn’t good enough by anybody.”
Brouwer says that the Caps didn’t bring enough effort to last night’s game and that the East leading Flyers outworked them all game long. The results were easy to see on the scoreboard. Caps fans have been treated to these sorts of lackluster efforts more often than not this season. Seeing this kind of thing continue under new coach Dale Hunter has to be frustrating for everyone.
In last night’s case, Tomas Vokoun‘s sorry effort in goal didn’t do much to help matters. Having Jaromir Jagr there suiting up for the Flyers after saying how much he hated playing in Verizon Center didn’t help bring out the warm-fuzzies either. With the Caps now sitting out of a playoff position in the Eastern Conference, maybe the fans should start asking for refunds after stink bomb games.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 7
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)