Dec 14, 2011, 10:04 AM EST
Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times hears it from Brouwer that last night’s Caps loss was so bad it wasn’t worth the cost to go see it.
“I wouldn’t have wanted to pay money to see that hockey game tonight if I was a Caps fan,” he said. “It just wasn’t good enough by anybody.”
Brouwer says that the Caps didn’t bring enough effort to last night’s game and that the East leading Flyers outworked them all game long. The results were easy to see on the scoreboard. Caps fans have been treated to these sorts of lackluster efforts more often than not this season. Seeing this kind of thing continue under new coach Dale Hunter has to be frustrating for everyone.
In last night’s case, Tomas Vokoun‘s sorry effort in goal didn’t do much to help matters. Having Jaromir Jagr there suiting up for the Flyers after saying how much he hated playing in Verizon Center didn’t help bring out the warm-fuzzies either. With the Caps now sitting out of a playoff position in the Eastern Conference, maybe the fans should start asking for refunds after stink bomb games.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 40
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)