Dec 14, 2011, 10:04 AM EST
Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times hears it from Brouwer that last night’s Caps loss was so bad it wasn’t worth the cost to go see it.
“I wouldn’t have wanted to pay money to see that hockey game tonight if I was a Caps fan,” he said. “It just wasn’t good enough by anybody.”
Brouwer says that the Caps didn’t bring enough effort to last night’s game and that the East leading Flyers outworked them all game long. The results were easy to see on the scoreboard. Caps fans have been treated to these sorts of lackluster efforts more often than not this season. Seeing this kind of thing continue under new coach Dale Hunter has to be frustrating for everyone.
In last night’s case, Tomas Vokoun‘s sorry effort in goal didn’t do much to help matters. Having Jaromir Jagr there suiting up for the Flyers after saying how much he hated playing in Verizon Center didn’t help bring out the warm-fuzzies either. With the Caps now sitting out of a playoff position in the Eastern Conference, maybe the fans should start asking for refunds after stink bomb games.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11