Dec 14, 2011, 10:04 AM EDT
Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times hears it from Brouwer that last night’s Caps loss was so bad it wasn’t worth the cost to go see it.
“I wouldn’t have wanted to pay money to see that hockey game tonight if I was a Caps fan,” he said. “It just wasn’t good enough by anybody.”
Brouwer says that the Caps didn’t bring enough effort to last night’s game and that the East leading Flyers outworked them all game long. The results were easy to see on the scoreboard. Caps fans have been treated to these sorts of lackluster efforts more often than not this season. Seeing this kind of thing continue under new coach Dale Hunter has to be frustrating for everyone.
In last night’s case, Tomas Vokoun‘s sorry effort in goal didn’t do much to help matters. Having Jaromir Jagr there suiting up for the Flyers after saying how much he hated playing in Verizon Center didn’t help bring out the warm-fuzzies either. With the Caps now sitting out of a playoff position in the Eastern Conference, maybe the fans should start asking for refunds after stink bomb games.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)