Dec 14, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
This sign showed up at the Pepsi Center last night during Colorado’s 4-3 shootout victory over San Jose. A few things to consider:
– The sign appeared even though the Avs have played well at home lately. They’ve won five of their last six at the Pepsi Center — this after starting the season 3-7-0. Just goes to show: Tebow-mania knows no bounds.
– NESN.com recently polled its Twitter followers, asking where Tebow would best fit as a hockey player. Two of the more popular responses were “good defenseman, use his big frame to bowl people over,” and “bruising forward.”
Nobody, however, gave the correct answer of “goalie, with better rebound control than Varlamov.”
– The Denver University hockey team recently used Tebow as a source of inspiration.
“There is a young man who is the quarterback of our local football team, is a symbol of hard work, of not giving up, of believing,” said DU coach George Gwozdecky. “For us, that’s what we’ve been doing. Almost every single guy on our team and on our staff follows NFL football and how it’s been done. It’s been inspiring.”
You know, he could be talking about Brady Quinn, who showed great courage by…surviving those inclement Cleveland winters.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)