Dec 14, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
This sign showed up at the Pepsi Center last night during Colorado’s 4-3 shootout victory over San Jose. A few things to consider:
— The sign appeared even though the Avs have played well at home lately. They’ve won five of their last six at the Pepsi Center — this after starting the season 3-7-0. Just goes to show: Tebow-mania knows no bounds.
— NESN.com recently polled its Twitter followers, asking where Tebow would best fit as a hockey player. Two of the more popular responses were “good defenseman, use his big frame to bowl people over,” and “bruising forward.”
Nobody, however, gave the correct answer of “goalie, with better rebound control than Varlamov.”
— The Denver University hockey team recently used Tebow as a source of inspiration.
“There is a young man who is the quarterback of our local football team, is a symbol of hard work, of not giving up, of believing,” said DU coach George Gwozdecky. “For us, that’s what we’ve been doing. Almost every single guy on our team and on our staff follows NFL football and how it’s been done. It’s been inspiring.”
You know, he could be talking about Brady Quinn, who showed great courage by…surviving those inclement Cleveland winters.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 3
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)