Dec 14, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
This sign showed up at the Pepsi Center last night during Colorado’s 4-3 shootout victory over San Jose. A few things to consider:
— The sign appeared even though the Avs have played well at home lately. They’ve won five of their last six at the Pepsi Center — this after starting the season 3-7-0. Just goes to show: Tebow-mania knows no bounds.
— NESN.com recently polled its Twitter followers, asking where Tebow would best fit as a hockey player. Two of the more popular responses were “good defenseman, use his big frame to bowl people over,” and “bruising forward.”
Nobody, however, gave the correct answer of “goalie, with better rebound control than Varlamov.”
— The Denver University hockey team recently used Tebow as a source of inspiration.
“There is a young man who is the quarterback of our local football team, is a symbol of hard work, of not giving up, of believing,” said DU coach George Gwozdecky. “For us, that’s what we’ve been doing. Almost every single guy on our team and on our staff follows NFL football and how it’s been done. It’s been inspiring.”
You know, he could be talking about Brady Quinn, who showed great courage by…surviving those inclement Cleveland winters.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)