Dec 14, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
This sign showed up at the Pepsi Center last night during Colorado’s 4-3 shootout victory over San Jose. A few things to consider:
– The sign appeared even though the Avs have played well at home lately. They’ve won five of their last six at the Pepsi Center — this after starting the season 3-7-0. Just goes to show: Tebow-mania knows no bounds.
– NESN.com recently polled its Twitter followers, asking where Tebow would best fit as a hockey player. Two of the more popular responses were “good defenseman, use his big frame to bowl people over,” and “bruising forward.”
Nobody, however, gave the correct answer of “goalie, with better rebound control than Varlamov.”
– The Denver University hockey team recently used Tebow as a source of inspiration.
“There is a young man who is the quarterback of our local football team, is a symbol of hard work, of not giving up, of believing,” said DU coach George Gwozdecky. “For us, that’s what we’ve been doing. Almost every single guy on our team and on our staff follows NFL football and how it’s been done. It’s been inspiring.”
You know, he could be talking about Brady Quinn, who showed great courage by…surviving those inclement Cleveland winters.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40