Dec 14, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
Gillis’ coach and players? Not so much.
The Vancouver Province reports Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault and defenseman Kevin Bieksa fired back after Bolland called the Sedins “sisters” and suggested they share bunk beds.
“They’ve both been probably two of the best players in the NHL for the last five years, they’ve won a gold medal, and they are really involved in the community. They are great examples for players in the NHL, and for young people. They are just two great young people.
“When you have comments like Bolland’s, he’s obviously an individual whose IQ is probably the size of a birdseed. And he has a face that only a mother could look at.
“You’re talking about two players who play with integrity, they play the right way, that are great examples of everything this game stands for. Then you have a birdseed like that making comments.
“Lucky his mother loves him.“
“I think he looks more like a girl than they do.
“I think if it weren’t for the twins, I don’t think anyone would hear about Dave Bolland. His matchup against them in the playoffs has put him on the map. If he doesn’t want them on his team, he’s crazy. It’s probably because he’d be out of a roster spot.”
Booya! This is getting good. The only thing left now is for renowned agitator/acclaimed radio personality Dan Carcillo to enter the fray.
Oh, and just a reminder: Vancouver and Chicago next renew acquaintances on Jan. 31.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39