Dec 14, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
Gillis’ coach and players? Not so much.
The Vancouver Province reports Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault and defenseman Kevin Bieksa fired back after Bolland called the Sedins “sisters” and suggested they share bunk beds.
“They’ve both been probably two of the best players in the NHL for the last five years, they’ve won a gold medal, and they are really involved in the community. They are great examples for players in the NHL, and for young people. They are just two great young people.
“When you have comments like Bolland’s, he’s obviously an individual whose IQ is probably the size of a birdseed. And he has a face that only a mother could look at.
“You’re talking about two players who play with integrity, they play the right way, that are great examples of everything this game stands for. Then you have a birdseed like that making comments.
“Lucky his mother loves him.“
“I think he looks more like a girl than they do.
“I think if it weren’t for the twins, I don’t think anyone would hear about Dave Bolland. His matchup against them in the playoffs has put him on the map. If he doesn’t want them on his team, he’s crazy. It’s probably because he’d be out of a roster spot.”
Booya! This is getting good. The only thing left now is for renowned agitator/acclaimed radio personality Dan Carcillo to enter the fray.
Oh, and just a reminder: Vancouver and Chicago next renew acquaintances on Jan. 31.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22