Dec 14, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
That Bogosian avoided suspension might come as a surprise. The Bouchard hit was deemed severe enough to warrant a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct — it was also Bogosian’s second questionable hit in less than a month.
Back in late November, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety opted not to suspend or fine him for this hit on Washington’s Cody Eakin:
Expect Minnesota to be displeased with this ruling. Head coach Mike Yeo told the Star-Tribune that Bogosian’s hands were high and needed to be a lot more in control, and it sounds like Bouchard has a broken nose and might not play tonight against Chicago.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 0
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 17
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4