Dec 14, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
That Bogosian avoided suspension might come as a surprise. The Bouchard hit was deemed severe enough to warrant a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct — it was also Bogosian’s second questionable hit in less than a month.
Back in late November, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety opted not to suspend or fine him for this hit on Washington’s Cody Eakin:
Expect Minnesota to be displeased with this ruling. Head coach Mike Yeo told the Star-Tribune that Bogosian’s hands were high and needed to be a lot more in control, and it sounds like Bouchard has a broken nose and might not play tonight against Chicago.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 4
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30