Dec 14, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
That Bogosian avoided suspension might come as a surprise. The Bouchard hit was deemed severe enough to warrant a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct — it was also Bogosian’s second questionable hit in less than a month.
Back in late November, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety opted not to suspend or fine him for this hit on Washington’s Cody Eakin:
Expect Minnesota to be displeased with this ruling. Head coach Mike Yeo told the Star-Tribune that Bogosian’s hands were high and needed to be a lot more in control, and it sounds like Bouchard has a broken nose and might not play tonight against Chicago.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 39
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7