Dec 14, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
That Bogosian avoided suspension might come as a surprise. The Bouchard hit was deemed severe enough to warrant a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct — it was also Bogosian’s second questionable hit in less than a month.
Back in late November, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety opted not to suspend or fine him for this hit on Washington’s Cody Eakin:
Expect Minnesota to be displeased with this ruling. Head coach Mike Yeo told the Star-Tribune that Bogosian’s hands were high and needed to be a lot more in control, and it sounds like Bouchard has a broken nose and might not play tonight against Chicago.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5