Dec 14, 2011, 3:54 PM EST
That Bogosian avoided suspension might come as a surprise. The Bouchard hit was deemed severe enough to warrant a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct — it was also Bogosian’s second questionable hit in less than a month.
Back in late November, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety opted not to suspend or fine him for this hit on Washington’s Cody Eakin:
Expect Minnesota to be displeased with this ruling. Head coach Mike Yeo told the Star-Tribune that Bogosian’s hands were high and needed to be a lot more in control, and it sounds like Bouchard has a broken nose and might not play tonight against Chicago.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5