Dec 14, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
If you’re a Lightning fan and worried about the state of goaltending with the team, fear not, help might be on the way. Sort of.
At this point, Yzerman should try just about anything that could work in hopes of turning things around in Tampa Bay. The Lightning are buried in the Southeast Division and Eastern Conference and their goaltending is the main reason why they’re stinking up the house.
If you’re curious about Tokarski’s pedigree, he was their fifth-round pick in 2008 and has been hanging out in the AHL for the past two seasons. We’re thinking that “confidence” is the last word you’ll see associated with Lightning goaltending these days.
Yzerman has to do whatever he can to fix things, but if Tokarski can’t steal the job then it’s well beyond time to dig in and find a trade to make to improve things.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)