Dec 14, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
If you’re a Lightning fan and worried about the state of goaltending with the team, fear not, help might be on the way. Sort of.
At this point, Yzerman should try just about anything that could work in hopes of turning things around in Tampa Bay. The Lightning are buried in the Southeast Division and Eastern Conference and their goaltending is the main reason why they’re stinking up the house.
If you’re curious about Tokarski’s pedigree, he was their fifth-round pick in 2008 and has been hanging out in the AHL for the past two seasons. We’re thinking that “confidence” is the last word you’ll see associated with Lightning goaltending these days.
Yzerman has to do whatever he can to fix things, but if Tokarski can’t steal the job then it’s well beyond time to dig in and find a trade to make to improve things.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)