Dec 14, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
If you’re a Lightning fan and worried about the state of goaltending with the team, fear not, help might be on the way. Sort of.
At this point, Yzerman should try just about anything that could work in hopes of turning things around in Tampa Bay. The Lightning are buried in the Southeast Division and Eastern Conference and their goaltending is the main reason why they’re stinking up the house.
If you’re curious about Tokarski’s pedigree, he was their fifth-round pick in 2008 and has been hanging out in the AHL for the past two seasons. We’re thinking that “confidence” is the last word you’ll see associated with Lightning goaltending these days.
Yzerman has to do whatever he can to fix things, but if Tokarski can’t steal the job then it’s well beyond time to dig in and find a trade to make to improve things.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15