Dec 14, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
If you’re a Lightning fan and worried about the state of goaltending with the team, fear not, help might be on the way. Sort of.
At this point, Yzerman should try just about anything that could work in hopes of turning things around in Tampa Bay. The Lightning are buried in the Southeast Division and Eastern Conference and their goaltending is the main reason why they’re stinking up the house.
If you’re curious about Tokarski’s pedigree, he was their fifth-round pick in 2008 and has been hanging out in the AHL for the past two seasons. We’re thinking that “confidence” is the last word you’ll see associated with Lightning goaltending these days.
Yzerman has to do whatever he can to fix things, but if Tokarski can’t steal the job then it’s well beyond time to dig in and find a trade to make to improve things.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 30
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)