Dec 14, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
David Krejci isn’t a big fan of being blamed for freak occurrences.
Such is the case for the Bruins star center when it comes to Sidney Crosby‘s latest absence from action. Crosby is out indefinitely as he deals with “concussion-like” symptoms following their game last week.
Crosby singled out catching an accidental elbow from Krejci as the reason why he’s been sidelined and Krejci tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he feels horrible about it.
“It kind of sucks that people want to blame me [for Crosby’s concussion],” Krejci said. “It wasn’t intentional. Anyone that watches the replay knows that it was just bad luck. If you watch the video you know I didn’t do anything wrong.”
The video shows pretty clearly that Krejci didn’t do anything wrong and that it was the sort of thing that could happen to any player at any time in any game. If nothing else it shows how quickly things can go wrong for a player coming back from a concussion.
That kind of logical approach won’t fly for some fans who are eager to call out Krejci for knocking out the league’s best player. No one ever said all fans were levelheaded, but in this case cutting Krejci some slack would make a world of sense.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45