Dec 14, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
David Krejci isn’t a big fan of being blamed for freak occurrences.
Such is the case for the Bruins star center when it comes to Sidney Crosby‘s latest absence from action. Crosby is out indefinitely as he deals with “concussion-like” symptoms following their game last week.
Crosby singled out catching an accidental elbow from Krejci as the reason why he’s been sidelined and Krejci tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he feels horrible about it.
“It kind of sucks that people want to blame me [for Crosby’s concussion],” Krejci said. “It wasn’t intentional. Anyone that watches the replay knows that it was just bad luck. If you watch the video you know I didn’t do anything wrong.”
The video shows pretty clearly that Krejci didn’t do anything wrong and that it was the sort of thing that could happen to any player at any time in any game. If nothing else it shows how quickly things can go wrong for a player coming back from a concussion.
That kind of logical approach won’t fly for some fans who are eager to call out Krejci for knocking out the league’s best player. No one ever said all fans were levelheaded, but in this case cutting Krejci some slack would make a world of sense.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 12
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 20
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 59
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 84
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 52
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional