Dec 14, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
David Krejci isn’t a big fan of being blamed for freak occurrences.
Such is the case for the Bruins star center when it comes to Sidney Crosby‘s latest absence from action. Crosby is out indefinitely as he deals with “concussion-like” symptoms following their game last week.
Crosby singled out catching an accidental elbow from Krejci as the reason why he’s been sidelined and Krejci tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he feels horrible about it.
“It kind of sucks that people want to blame me [for Crosby’s concussion],” Krejci said. “It wasn’t intentional. Anyone that watches the replay knows that it was just bad luck. If you watch the video you know I didn’t do anything wrong.”
The video shows pretty clearly that Krejci didn’t do anything wrong and that it was the sort of thing that could happen to any player at any time in any game. If nothing else it shows how quickly things can go wrong for a player coming back from a concussion.
That kind of logical approach won’t fly for some fans who are eager to call out Krejci for knocking out the league’s best player. No one ever said all fans were levelheaded, but in this case cutting Krejci some slack would make a world of sense.
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 0
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 20
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 29
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24