Dec 14, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
David Krejci isn’t a big fan of being blamed for freak occurrences.
Such is the case for the Bruins star center when it comes to Sidney Crosby‘s latest absence from action. Crosby is out indefinitely as he deals with “concussion-like” symptoms following their game last week.
Crosby singled out catching an accidental elbow from Krejci as the reason why he’s been sidelined and Krejci tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he feels horrible about it.
“It kind of sucks that people want to blame me [for Crosby’s concussion],” Krejci said. “It wasn’t intentional. Anyone that watches the replay knows that it was just bad luck. If you watch the video you know I didn’t do anything wrong.”
The video shows pretty clearly that Krejci didn’t do anything wrong and that it was the sort of thing that could happen to any player at any time in any game. If nothing else it shows how quickly things can go wrong for a player coming back from a concussion.
That kind of logical approach won’t fly for some fans who are eager to call out Krejci for knocking out the league’s best player. No one ever said all fans were levelheaded, but in this case cutting Krejci some slack would make a world of sense.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 0
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 44
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 61
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 44
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)