Dec 14, 2011, 8:15 AM EST
Chicago’s Dave Bolland already wasn’t all that liked in Vancouver, but now he’ll be public enemy No. 1 in the minds of fans and players alike.
Bolland was recently on WGN radio in Chicago (audio link) when the topic of the Blackhawks’ newest rivals, the Canucks, came up and Bolland let his feelings on Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, and the city of Vancouver fly.
The Vancouver Sun highlighted the most incendiary parts of Bolland’s talk about Vancouver’s super twins and these are probably insults you’ve heard before.
Talk show host Dave Kaplan referred to the Sedin twins as “sisters” and Bolland went along with that description referring to Henrik and Daniel as “sisters” a few times. If you were wondering what Bolland would do if the Sedins ever became Blackhawks, Bolland said that that would never happen and… Well, this:
“And, yeah, they probably still would be sisters. I think they might sleep in, like, bunk beds. The older one has the bottom one, the younger one’s got the top.”
That’s not awkward at all.
Bolland also ripped the city of Vancouver saying he doesn’t venture far from his hotel when in Vancouver because “there are a lot of weirdos there. You don’t want to be out too long.”
If he had just said he didn’t leave his hotel out of fear of being pepper sprayed or thrown through a store front window, we might understand his feelings better.
For what it’s worth, the Blackhawks next game in Vancouver is January 31.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)