Dec 14, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
Chicago’s Dave Bolland already wasn’t all that liked in Vancouver, but now he’ll be public enemy No. 1 in the minds of fans and players alike.
Bolland was recently on WGN radio in Chicago (audio link) when the topic of the Blackhawks’ newest rivals, the Canucks, came up and Bolland let his feelings on Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, and the city of Vancouver fly.
The Vancouver Sun highlighted the most incendiary parts of Bolland’s talk about Vancouver’s super twins and these are probably insults you’ve heard before.
Talk show host Dave Kaplan referred to the Sedin twins as “sisters” and Bolland went along with that description referring to Henrik and Daniel as “sisters” a few times. If you were wondering what Bolland would do if the Sedins ever became Blackhawks, Bolland said that that would never happen and… Well, this:
“And, yeah, they probably still would be sisters. I think they might sleep in, like, bunk beds. The older one has the bottom one, the younger one’s got the top.”
That’s not awkward at all.
Bolland also ripped the city of Vancouver saying he doesn’t venture far from his hotel when in Vancouver because “there are a lot of weirdos there. You don’t want to be out too long.”
If he had just said he didn’t leave his hotel out of fear of being pepper sprayed or thrown through a store front window, we might understand his feelings better.
For what it’s worth, the Blackhawks next game in Vancouver is January 31.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)