Dec 14, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
Chicago’s Dave Bolland already wasn’t all that liked in Vancouver, but now he’ll be public enemy No. 1 in the minds of fans and players alike.
Bolland was recently on WGN radio in Chicago (audio link) when the topic of the Blackhawks’ newest rivals, the Canucks, came up and Bolland let his feelings on Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, and the city of Vancouver fly.
The Vancouver Sun highlighted the most incendiary parts of Bolland’s talk about Vancouver’s super twins and these are probably insults you’ve heard before.
Talk show host Dave Kaplan referred to the Sedin twins as “sisters” and Bolland went along with that description referring to Henrik and Daniel as “sisters” a few times. If you were wondering what Bolland would do if the Sedins ever became Blackhawks, Bolland said that that would never happen and… Well, this:
“And, yeah, they probably still would be sisters. I think they might sleep in, like, bunk beds. The older one has the bottom one, the younger one’s got the top.”
That’s not awkward at all.
Bolland also ripped the city of Vancouver saying he doesn’t venture far from his hotel when in Vancouver because “there are a lot of weirdos there. You don’t want to be out too long.”
If he had just said he didn’t leave his hotel out of fear of being pepper sprayed or thrown through a store front window, we might understand his feelings better.
For what it’s worth, the Blackhawks next game in Vancouver is January 31.
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 1
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 7
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 17
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 61
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 93
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (94)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games