Dec 14, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
Chicago’s Dave Bolland already wasn’t all that liked in Vancouver, but now he’ll be public enemy No. 1 in the minds of fans and players alike.
Bolland was recently on WGN radio in Chicago (audio link) when the topic of the Blackhawks’ newest rivals, the Canucks, came up and Bolland let his feelings on Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, and the city of Vancouver fly.
The Vancouver Sun highlighted the most incendiary parts of Bolland’s talk about Vancouver’s super twins and these are probably insults you’ve heard before.
Talk show host Dave Kaplan referred to the Sedin twins as “sisters” and Bolland went along with that description referring to Henrik and Daniel as “sisters” a few times. If you were wondering what Bolland would do if the Sedins ever became Blackhawks, Bolland said that that would never happen and… Well, this:
“And, yeah, they probably still would be sisters. I think they might sleep in, like, bunk beds. The older one has the bottom one, the younger one’s got the top.”
That’s not awkward at all.
Bolland also ripped the city of Vancouver saying he doesn’t venture far from his hotel when in Vancouver because “there are a lot of weirdos there. You don’t want to be out too long.”
If he had just said he didn’t leave his hotel out of fear of being pepper sprayed or thrown through a store front window, we might understand his feelings better.
For what it’s worth, the Blackhawks next game in Vancouver is January 31.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 45
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)