Dec 14, 2011, 8:15 AM EST
Chicago’s Dave Bolland already wasn’t all that liked in Vancouver, but now he’ll be public enemy No. 1 in the minds of fans and players alike.
Bolland was recently on WGN radio in Chicago (audio link) when the topic of the Blackhawks’ newest rivals, the Canucks, came up and Bolland let his feelings on Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, and the city of Vancouver fly.
The Vancouver Sun highlighted the most incendiary parts of Bolland’s talk about Vancouver’s super twins and these are probably insults you’ve heard before.
Talk show host Dave Kaplan referred to the Sedin twins as “sisters” and Bolland went along with that description referring to Henrik and Daniel as “sisters” a few times. If you were wondering what Bolland would do if the Sedins ever became Blackhawks, Bolland said that that would never happen and… Well, this:
“And, yeah, they probably still would be sisters. I think they might sleep in, like, bunk beds. The older one has the bottom one, the younger one’s got the top.”
That’s not awkward at all.
Bolland also ripped the city of Vancouver saying he doesn’t venture far from his hotel when in Vancouver because “there are a lot of weirdos there. You don’t want to be out too long.”
If he had just said he didn’t leave his hotel out of fear of being pepper sprayed or thrown through a store front window, we might understand his feelings better.
For what it’s worth, the Blackhawks next game in Vancouver is January 31.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)