Dec 14, 2011, 1:27 AM EDT
Tonight’s Versus matchup featured two reeling clubs. In one corner, there was the Colorado Avalanche, a young club who earned another bag skate from coach Joe Sacco. Their opponents were the San Jose Sharks, a team whose surprising slump might lead some people to irrationally wonder if the head coach of every California-based NHL team might get fired this season. The contest had “everything’s fine” moments for both teams; Logan Couture‘s ridiculous assist qualifies for San Jose while Stefan Elliott’s beautiful rush does the trick for Colorado.
The Avs ultimately took this one 4-3 in the shootout, as you can see in the highlights below.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10