Dec 14, 2011, 1:27 AM EST
Tonight’s Versus matchup featured two reeling clubs. In one corner, there was the Colorado Avalanche, a young club who earned another bag skate from coach Joe Sacco. Their opponents were the San Jose Sharks, a team whose surprising slump might lead some people to irrationally wonder if the head coach of every California-based NHL team might get fired this season. The contest had “everything’s fine” moments for both teams; Logan Couture‘s ridiculous assist qualifies for San Jose while Stefan Elliott’s beautiful rush does the trick for Colorado.
The Avs ultimately took this one 4-3 in the shootout, as you can see in the highlights below.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 55
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12