Dec 14, 2011, 7:46 AM EDT
Late in Winnipeg’s 2-1 win over Minnesota, the Wild were fighting to get the tying goal when Bouchard chased the puck to the end boards. There he lost track of the puck, gathering it in time to try and send it around the boards. There, Bogosian planted him face-first into the dasher from behind, putting Bouchard down on the ice bleeding.
Bogosian was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct while the Wild couldn’t put home the equalizer with the short man-advantage in the final minute of play.
As Michael Russo of The Star Tribune found out afterward, the Wild are worried that Bouchard could have a head injury thanks to his concussion history, but for now it’s a badly bloodied mouth. The guys at Hockey Wilderness are just hoping that Brendan Shanahan can come down with an appropriate suspension for Bogosian.
Here’s video of the hit so you can judge for yourself.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9