Dec 14, 2011, 7:46 AM EST
Late in Winnipeg’s 2-1 win over Minnesota, the Wild were fighting to get the tying goal when Bouchard chased the puck to the end boards. There he lost track of the puck, gathering it in time to try and send it around the boards. There, Bogosian planted him face-first into the dasher from behind, putting Bouchard down on the ice bleeding.
Bogosian was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct while the Wild couldn’t put home the equalizer with the short man-advantage in the final minute of play.
As Michael Russo of The Star Tribune found out afterward, the Wild are worried that Bouchard could have a head injury thanks to his concussion history, but for now it’s a badly bloodied mouth. The guys at Hockey Wilderness are just hoping that Brendan Shanahan can come down with an appropriate suspension for Bogosian.
Here’s video of the hit so you can judge for yourself.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)