Dec 14, 2011, 7:46 AM EDT
Late in Winnipeg’s 2-1 win over Minnesota, the Wild were fighting to get the tying goal when Bouchard chased the puck to the end boards. There he lost track of the puck, gathering it in time to try and send it around the boards. There, Bogosian planted him face-first into the dasher from behind, putting Bouchard down on the ice bleeding.
Bogosian was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct while the Wild couldn’t put home the equalizer with the short man-advantage in the final minute of play.
As Michael Russo of The Star Tribune found out afterward, the Wild are worried that Bouchard could have a head injury thanks to his concussion history, but for now it’s a badly bloodied mouth. The guys at Hockey Wilderness are just hoping that Brendan Shanahan can come down with an appropriate suspension for Bogosian.
Here’s video of the hit so you can judge for yourself.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)