Dec 14, 2011, 7:46 AM EDT
Late in Winnipeg’s 2-1 win over Minnesota, the Wild were fighting to get the tying goal when Bouchard chased the puck to the end boards. There he lost track of the puck, gathering it in time to try and send it around the boards. There, Bogosian planted him face-first into the dasher from behind, putting Bouchard down on the ice bleeding.
Bogosian was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct while the Wild couldn’t put home the equalizer with the short man-advantage in the final minute of play.
As Michael Russo of The Star Tribune found out afterward, the Wild are worried that Bouchard could have a head injury thanks to his concussion history, but for now it’s a badly bloodied mouth. The guys at Hockey Wilderness are just hoping that Brendan Shanahan can come down with an appropriate suspension for Bogosian.
Here’s video of the hit so you can judge for yourself.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)