Dec 14, 2011, 7:46 AM EDT
Late in Winnipeg’s 2-1 win over Minnesota, the Wild were fighting to get the tying goal when Bouchard chased the puck to the end boards. There he lost track of the puck, gathering it in time to try and send it around the boards. There, Bogosian planted him face-first into the dasher from behind, putting Bouchard down on the ice bleeding.
Bogosian was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct while the Wild couldn’t put home the equalizer with the short man-advantage in the final minute of play.
As Michael Russo of The Star Tribune found out afterward, the Wild are worried that Bouchard could have a head injury thanks to his concussion history, but for now it’s a badly bloodied mouth. The guys at Hockey Wilderness are just hoping that Brendan Shanahan can come down with an appropriate suspension for Bogosian.
Here’s video of the hit so you can judge for yourself.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 1
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 22
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)