Dec 13, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wanted to have your own personal Hockey Hall of Fame exhibit, now is a good time to start.
Lelands is auctioning off Mario Lemieux’s 1990 All-Star Game uniform (jersey, breezers, and socks) to the highest bidder and if you’re a Penguins fanatic this is probably as close to the mother lode as it gets.
Lemieux was the MVP of the 1990 All-Star Game that took place at the Igloo in Pittsburgh, scoring four goals to give the Wales Conference (what a great name, by the way) a 12-7 win. The MVP win was Lemieux’s third in his career as he was well on the way to becoming a Hall of Fame player.
Of course, if you want to win it you have to get involved in the bidding and to do that you have until 8:00 p.m. ET tonight to register. The auction itself closes on Friday. As a jersey freak myself, seeing this up for sale makes my synapses go haywire. The thought of dressing up as Mario Lemieux for Halloween for years to come is awfully tempting.
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 0
- NHL reschedules Blue Jackets-Stars game halted by Peverley collapse to April 9 0
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 7
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)