Dec 13, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wanted to have your own personal Hockey Hall of Fame exhibit, now is a good time to start.
Lelands is auctioning off Mario Lemieux’s 1990 All-Star Game uniform (jersey, breezers, and socks) to the highest bidder and if you’re a Penguins fanatic this is probably as close to the mother lode as it gets.
Lemieux was the MVP of the 1990 All-Star Game that took place at the Igloo in Pittsburgh, scoring four goals to give the Wales Conference (what a great name, by the way) a 12-7 win. The MVP win was Lemieux’s third in his career as he was well on the way to becoming a Hall of Fame player.
Of course, if you want to win it you have to get involved in the bidding and to do that you have until 8:00 p.m. ET tonight to register. The auction itself closes on Friday. As a jersey freak myself, seeing this up for sale makes my synapses go haywire. The thought of dressing up as Mario Lemieux for Halloween for years to come is awfully tempting.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10