Dec 13, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wanted to have your own personal Hockey Hall of Fame exhibit, now is a good time to start.
Lelands is auctioning off Mario Lemieux’s 1990 All-Star Game uniform (jersey, breezers, and socks) to the highest bidder and if you’re a Penguins fanatic this is probably as close to the mother lode as it gets.
Lemieux was the MVP of the 1990 All-Star Game that took place at the Igloo in Pittsburgh, scoring four goals to give the Wales Conference (what a great name, by the way) a 12-7 win. The MVP win was Lemieux’s third in his career as he was well on the way to becoming a Hall of Fame player.
Of course, if you want to win it you have to get involved in the bidding and to do that you have until 8:00 p.m. ET tonight to register. The auction itself closes on Friday. As a jersey freak myself, seeing this up for sale makes my synapses go haywire. The thought of dressing up as Mario Lemieux for Halloween for years to come is awfully tempting.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)