Dec 13, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wanted to have your own personal Hockey Hall of Fame exhibit, now is a good time to start.
Lelands is auctioning off Mario Lemieux’s 1990 All-Star Game uniform (jersey, breezers, and socks) to the highest bidder and if you’re a Penguins fanatic this is probably as close to the mother lode as it gets.
Lemieux was the MVP of the 1990 All-Star Game that took place at the Igloo in Pittsburgh, scoring four goals to give the Wales Conference (what a great name, by the way) a 12-7 win. The MVP win was Lemieux’s third in his career as he was well on the way to becoming a Hall of Fame player.
Of course, if you want to win it you have to get involved in the bidding and to do that you have until 8:00 p.m. ET tonight to register. The auction itself closes on Friday. As a jersey freak myself, seeing this up for sale makes my synapses go haywire. The thought of dressing up as Mario Lemieux for Halloween for years to come is awfully tempting.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)