Dec 13, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wanted to have your own personal Hockey Hall of Fame exhibit, now is a good time to start.
Lelands is auctioning off Mario Lemieux’s 1990 All-Star Game uniform (jersey, breezers, and socks) to the highest bidder and if you’re a Penguins fanatic this is probably as close to the mother lode as it gets.
Lemieux was the MVP of the 1990 All-Star Game that took place at the Igloo in Pittsburgh, scoring four goals to give the Wales Conference (what a great name, by the way) a 12-7 win. The MVP win was Lemieux’s third in his career as he was well on the way to becoming a Hall of Fame player.
Of course, if you want to win it you have to get involved in the bidding and to do that you have until 8:00 p.m. ET tonight to register. The auction itself closes on Friday. As a jersey freak myself, seeing this up for sale makes my synapses go haywire. The thought of dressing up as Mario Lemieux for Halloween for years to come is awfully tempting.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13