Dec 13, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
Thanks to slow-motion replays and angry Twitter mobs, it’s often easy to vilify a hitter in the event of a controversial check. That’s not always a fair thing, however, and not just because of the lightning-fast speed of the game. Sometimes the “victim” puts himself in a vulnerable position, which some will say leaves the blame at their feet.
NHL Overtime featured an interesting “shootout” debate between former NHL players Kevin Weekes and Jeremy Roenick on that subject. Check out their back-and-forth in the video below and share your own thoughts regarding their discussions.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36