Dec 13, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
Thanks to slow-motion replays and angry Twitter mobs, it’s often easy to vilify a hitter in the event of a controversial check. That’s not always a fair thing, however, and not just because of the lightning-fast speed of the game. Sometimes the “victim” puts himself in a vulnerable position, which some will say leaves the blame at their feet.
NHL Overtime featured an interesting “shootout” debate between former NHL players Kevin Weekes and Jeremy Roenick on that subject. Check out their back-and-forth in the video below and share your own thoughts regarding their discussions.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32