Dec 13, 2011, 12:43 AM EST
Thanks to slow-motion replays and angry Twitter mobs, it’s often easy to vilify a hitter in the event of a controversial check. That’s not always a fair thing, however, and not just because of the lightning-fast speed of the game. Sometimes the “victim” puts himself in a vulnerable position, which some will say leaves the blame at their feet.
NHL Overtime featured an interesting “shootout” debate between former NHL players Kevin Weekes and Jeremy Roenick on that subject. Check out their back-and-forth in the video below and share your own thoughts regarding their discussions.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54