Dec 13, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
Right when Penguins fans thought the injury worries couldn’t get worse, they do.
Pens star center Evgeni Malkin was held out of practice today and according to Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson, Malkin will be a game time decision to play tonight against Detroit. Dan Bylsma wouldn’t elaborate further as to what’s bothering Malkin. Bylsma also says that Jordan Staal will be a game time decision to play as well.
Malkin joins Staal, Sidney Crosby, Kris Letang, and Zbynek Michalek as star players dealing with different injuries. Injuries are nothing new for the Penguins, but potentially being without all three of Crosby, Malkin, and Staal is unheard of even for them. What was supposed to be a marquee match-up against Detroit tonight with a bevy of stars in what’s been a heated rivalry now shapes up to be more like a game between the Red Wings and the Penguins’ farm team.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)