Dec 12, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
Sadly, it’s not the 36 hours the Blackhawks spent in Las Vegas. But it still sounds pretty interesting.
From today’s NHL press release:
The National Hockey League (NHL) and NHL Original Productions today announced the debut of the day-in-the-life series “NHL 36.” Premiering Wednesday, Dec. 14, at 6:30 p.m. on VERSUS, the first installment of this unprecedented documentary series will train its cameras upon Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane.
Providing the ultimate behind-the-scenes peek into the life of this NHL superstar, NHL 36 takes viewers into Kane’s world for 36 straight hours as he lives the life of a not-so-average 23-year-old. Through an array of microphones and isolated cameras, the 30-minute documentary will offer unique insight into Kane’s game on the ice. The show also will feature interviews with Kane’s family.
NHL 36: Patrick Kane is the first in a series of 10 episodes that will shadow NHL players for 36 consecutive hours. The next player to be featured and the air date will be announced at a later date.
So after Kane, there’s nine more of these to look forward to. Hopefully there’s an “NHL 36: Ilya Bryzgalov” episode in the works. I bet he gets up to some weird stuff.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11