Dec 12, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Sadly, it’s not the 36 hours the Blackhawks spent in Las Vegas. But it still sounds pretty interesting.
From today’s NHL press release:
The National Hockey League (NHL) and NHL Original Productions today announced the debut of the day-in-the-life series “NHL 36.” Premiering Wednesday, Dec. 14, at 6:30 p.m. on VERSUS, the first installment of this unprecedented documentary series will train its cameras upon Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane.
Providing the ultimate behind-the-scenes peek into the life of this NHL superstar, NHL 36 takes viewers into Kane’s world for 36 straight hours as he lives the life of a not-so-average 23-year-old. Through an array of microphones and isolated cameras, the 30-minute documentary will offer unique insight into Kane’s game on the ice. The show also will feature interviews with Kane’s family.
NHL 36: Patrick Kane is the first in a series of 10 episodes that will shadow NHL players for 36 consecutive hours. The next player to be featured and the air date will be announced at a later date.
So after Kane, there’s nine more of these to look forward to. Hopefully there’s an “NHL 36: Ilya Bryzgalov” episode in the works. I bet he gets up to some weird stuff.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)