Dec 12, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Sadly, it’s not the 36 hours the Blackhawks spent in Las Vegas. But it still sounds pretty interesting.
From today’s NHL press release:
The National Hockey League (NHL) and NHL Original Productions today announced the debut of the day-in-the-life series “NHL 36.” Premiering Wednesday, Dec. 14, at 6:30 p.m. on VERSUS, the first installment of this unprecedented documentary series will train its cameras upon Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane.
Providing the ultimate behind-the-scenes peek into the life of this NHL superstar, NHL 36 takes viewers into Kane’s world for 36 straight hours as he lives the life of a not-so-average 23-year-old. Through an array of microphones and isolated cameras, the 30-minute documentary will offer unique insight into Kane’s game on the ice. The show also will feature interviews with Kane’s family.
NHL 36: Patrick Kane is the first in a series of 10 episodes that will shadow NHL players for 36 consecutive hours. The next player to be featured and the air date will be announced at a later date.
So after Kane, there’s nine more of these to look forward to. Hopefully there’s an “NHL 36: Ilya Bryzgalov” episode in the works. I bet he gets up to some weird stuff.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)