Dec 12, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Sadly, it’s not the 36 hours the Blackhawks spent in Las Vegas. But it still sounds pretty interesting.
From today’s NHL press release:
The National Hockey League (NHL) and NHL Original Productions today announced the debut of the day-in-the-life series “NHL 36.” Premiering Wednesday, Dec. 14, at 6:30 p.m. on VERSUS, the first installment of this unprecedented documentary series will train its cameras upon Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane.
Providing the ultimate behind-the-scenes peek into the life of this NHL superstar, NHL 36 takes viewers into Kane’s world for 36 straight hours as he lives the life of a not-so-average 23-year-old. Through an array of microphones and isolated cameras, the 30-minute documentary will offer unique insight into Kane’s game on the ice. The show also will feature interviews with Kane’s family.
NHL 36: Patrick Kane is the first in a series of 10 episodes that will shadow NHL players for 36 consecutive hours. The next player to be featured and the air date will be announced at a later date.
So after Kane, there’s nine more of these to look forward to. Hopefully there’s an “NHL 36: Ilya Bryzgalov” episode in the works. I bet he gets up to some weird stuff.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)