Dec 12, 2011, 4:28 PM EST
Steve Mason will be back in goal for the Blue Jackets when they host the high-scoring Canucks tomorrow at Nationwide Arena.
/bets the over
The Jackets have ridden backup Curtis Sanford for the past 12 games, compiling a 5-4-3 record over the stretch. However, the 32-year-old has struggled in his past two outings, allowing nine goals on 51 shots (.824 SV%) in losses to Nashville and Boston.
Tuesday will mark Mason’s first start since Nov. 15, which means he’s spent almost a month sitting, watching and trying to figure out where it all went wrong.
“I think the longest I went without starting was four (games) in a row,” Mason said, as per the Columbus Dispatch. “But it gave me a lot of time to work. Hopefully I’ll get back in and things will go well. I’m looking forward to it.”
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 22
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)