Dec 12, 2011, 4:28 PM EST
Steve Mason will be back in goal for the Blue Jackets when they host the high-scoring Canucks tomorrow at Nationwide Arena.
/bets the over
The Jackets have ridden backup Curtis Sanford for the past 12 games, compiling a 5-4-3 record over the stretch. However, the 32-year-old has struggled in his past two outings, allowing nine goals on 51 shots (.824 SV%) in losses to Nashville and Boston.
Tuesday will mark Mason’s first start since Nov. 15, which means he’s spent almost a month sitting, watching and trying to figure out where it all went wrong.
“I think the longest I went without starting was four (games) in a row,” Mason said, as per the Columbus Dispatch. “But it gave me a lot of time to work. Hopefully I’ll get back in and things will go well. I’m looking forward to it.”
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)