Dec 12, 2011, 4:28 PM EST
Steve Mason will be back in goal for the Blue Jackets when they host the high-scoring Canucks tomorrow at Nationwide Arena.
/bets the over
The Jackets have ridden backup Curtis Sanford for the past 12 games, compiling a 5-4-3 record over the stretch. However, the 32-year-old has struggled in his past two outings, allowing nine goals on 51 shots (.824 SV%) in losses to Nashville and Boston.
Tuesday will mark Mason’s first start since Nov. 15, which means he’s spent almost a month sitting, watching and trying to figure out where it all went wrong.
“I think the longest I went without starting was four (games) in a row,” Mason said, as per the Columbus Dispatch. “But it gave me a lot of time to work. Hopefully I’ll get back in and things will go well. I’m looking forward to it.”
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 4
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 3
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)