Dec 12, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
Steve Mason will be back in goal for the Blue Jackets when they host the high-scoring Canucks tomorrow at Nationwide Arena.
/bets the over
The Jackets have ridden backup Curtis Sanford for the past 12 games, compiling a 5-4-3 record over the stretch. However, the 32-year-old has struggled in his past two outings, allowing nine goals on 51 shots (.824 SV%) in losses to Nashville and Boston.
Tuesday will mark Mason’s first start since Nov. 15, which means he’s spent almost a month sitting, watching and trying to figure out where it all went wrong.
“I think the longest I went without starting was four (games) in a row,” Mason said, as per the Columbus Dispatch. “But it gave me a lot of time to work. Hopefully I’ll get back in and things will go well. I’m looking forward to it.”
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12