Dec 12, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
By just about any metric, Dwayne Roloson has been atrocious this season. He’s putting up numbers that would be embarrassing for a journeyman backup, but perhaps that should remind us that for all of his playoff heroics, he’s never really established himself as great No. 1 goalie. The Tampa Bay Lightning might just out-score their problems, but Roloson suffered from a horrible start tonight, including this humiliating goal just 28 seconds into the game.
Oh, and right as this post was about to go up, Roloson allowed an early second period softie and was pulled in favor of Tampa Bay’s de facto starter Mathieu Garon. Yikes.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2