Dec 12, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
By just about any metric, Dwayne Roloson has been atrocious this season. He’s putting up numbers that would be embarrassing for a journeyman backup, but perhaps that should remind us that for all of his playoff heroics, he’s never really established himself as great No. 1 goalie. The Tampa Bay Lightning might just out-score their problems, but Roloson suffered from a horrible start tonight, including this humiliating goal just 28 seconds into the game.
Oh, and right as this post was about to go up, Roloson allowed an early second period softie and was pulled in favor of Tampa Bay’s de facto starter Mathieu Garon. Yikes.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39