Dec 12, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
By just about any metric, Dwayne Roloson has been atrocious this season. He’s putting up numbers that would be embarrassing for a journeyman backup, but perhaps that should remind us that for all of his playoff heroics, he’s never really established himself as great No. 1 goalie. The Tampa Bay Lightning might just out-score their problems, but Roloson suffered from a horrible start tonight, including this humiliating goal just 28 seconds into the game.
Oh, and right as this post was about to go up, Roloson allowed an early second period softie and was pulled in favor of Tampa Bay’s de facto starter Mathieu Garon. Yikes.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10