Dec 12, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
By just about any metric, Dwayne Roloson has been atrocious this season. He’s putting up numbers that would be embarrassing for a journeyman backup, but perhaps that should remind us that for all of his playoff heroics, he’s never really established himself as great No. 1 goalie. The Tampa Bay Lightning might just out-score their problems, but Roloson suffered from a horrible start tonight, including this humiliating goal just 28 seconds into the game.
Oh, and right as this post was about to go up, Roloson allowed an early second period softie and was pulled in favor of Tampa Bay’s de facto starter Mathieu Garon. Yikes.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 0
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 9
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 11
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4