Dec 12, 2011, 3:57 PM EDT
Add another star to the concussion watch. The NHL’s leading scorer, Claude Giroux, is unlikely to play tomorrow when his Flyers take on the Capitals in Washington.
“Claude is continuing to feel better,” said Flyers GM Paul Holmgren. “He will not travel with the team (Monday) and will be seen by our doctor again tomorrow (Tuesday).”
Giroux was hurt Saturday against the Lightning when he took a knee in the head courtesy teammate Wayne Simmonds.
Perhaps Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov summed it best when asked about Giroux’s injury.
“Oh my God,” Bryzgalov said, as per Philly.com. “That’s bad. I hope it’s nothing serious, because he’s a big part of our team and he’s one of our best players.”
Giroux has 39 points, three more than the league’s second highest scorer, Toronto’s Phil Kessel.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 14
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)