Dec 12, 2011, 3:57 PM EST
Add another star to the concussion watch. The NHL’s leading scorer, Claude Giroux, is unlikely to play tomorrow when his Flyers take on the Capitals in Washington.
“Claude is continuing to feel better,” said Flyers GM Paul Holmgren. “He will not travel with the team (Monday) and will be seen by our doctor again tomorrow (Tuesday).”
Giroux was hurt Saturday against the Lightning when he took a knee in the head courtesy teammate Wayne Simmonds.
Perhaps Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov summed it best when asked about Giroux’s injury.
“Oh my God,” Bryzgalov said, as per Philly.com. “That’s bad. I hope it’s nothing serious, because he’s a big part of our team and he’s one of our best players.”
Giroux has 39 points, three more than the league’s second highest scorer, Toronto’s Phil Kessel.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 2
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 77
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (80)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)