Dec 12, 2011, 6:09 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks have sent defenseman Kurtis Foster and goalie Timo Pielmierer to the New Jersey Devils for forwards Rod Pelley and defenseman Mark Fraser. Also headed to Anaheim is a seventh-round pick in 2012.
The biggest name in the deal is Foster, who the Devils are hoping will help one of the worst power plays in the NHL.
“He’s a right-handed shot and really a power play specialist,” general manager Lou Lamoriello said, as per the Star-Ledger. “His shot is what intrigues you. Also, he played under Jacques Lemaire in Minnesota and he was in Tampa Bay when Adam Oates was here.
“There were power play people ahead of him. He hasn’t played much this year but we know enough about him. We were looking for someone who can handle the puck and the point.”
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 77
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 58
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (78)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (58)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)