Dec 12, 2011, 6:09 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks have sent defenseman Kurtis Foster and goalie Timo Pielmierer to the New Jersey Devils for forwards Rod Pelley and defenseman Mark Fraser. Also headed to Anaheim is a seventh-round pick in 2012.
The biggest name in the deal is Foster, who the Devils are hoping will help one of the worst power plays in the NHL.
“He’s a right-handed shot and really a power play specialist,” general manager Lou Lamoriello said, as per the Star-Ledger. “His shot is what intrigues you. Also, he played under Jacques Lemaire in Minnesota and he was in Tampa Bay when Adam Oates was here.
“There were power play people ahead of him. He hasn’t played much this year but we know enough about him. We were looking for someone who can handle the puck and the point.”
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 21
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11