Dec 12, 2011, 6:09 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks have sent defenseman Kurtis Foster and goalie Timo Pielmierer to the New Jersey Devils for forwards Rod Pelley and defenseman Mark Fraser. Also headed to Anaheim is a seventh-round pick in 2012.
The biggest name in the deal is Foster, who the Devils are hoping will help one of the worst power plays in the NHL.
“He’s a right-handed shot and really a power play specialist,” general manager Lou Lamoriello said, as per the Star-Ledger. “His shot is what intrigues you. Also, he played under Jacques Lemaire in Minnesota and he was in Tampa Bay when Adam Oates was here.
“There were power play people ahead of him. He hasn’t played much this year but we know enough about him. We were looking for someone who can handle the puck and the point.”
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32