Dec 12, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have sent defenseman Kurtis Foster and goalie Timo Pielmierer to the New Jersey Devils for forwards Rod Pelley and defenseman Mark Fraser. Also headed to Anaheim is a seventh-round pick in 2012.
The biggest name in the deal is Foster, who the Devils are hoping will help one of the worst power plays in the NHL.
“He’s a right-handed shot and really a power play specialist,” general manager Lou Lamoriello said, as per the Star-Ledger. “His shot is what intrigues you. Also, he played under Jacques Lemaire in Minnesota and he was in Tampa Bay when Adam Oates was here.
“There were power play people ahead of him. He hasn’t played much this year but we know enough about him. We were looking for someone who can handle the puck and the point.”
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7