Dec 12, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
They found Mike Green!
Phew, we can stop worrying he’s lying face down in a roadside ditch, a smouldering Vespa 50 feet away.
The Washington Post reports that the injured Capitals defenseman is “out of town visiting with a specialist, presumably about the strained right groin muscle that has held him out of the lineup for 14 consecutive games.”
Caps coach Dale Hunter says Green is day to day and “getting better,” though he wasn’t willing to put any time frame on a return.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)