Dec 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins might be getting a short vacation soon.
Desjardins was busted for boarding Chicago defenseman Sami Lepisto and while he received a two-minute minor for the hit, he’s caught Brendan Shanahan’s eye as well. Desjardins has a hearing with the league later this afternoon to see if he becomes the latest player to fall victim to the league’s disciplinary movement.
Working in Desjardins’ favor is that he has no record of previous misgivings. Working against him is that Brendan Shanahan just doesn’t care about that so much.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 34
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)