Dec 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins might be getting a short vacation soon.
Desjardins was busted for boarding Chicago defenseman Sami Lepisto and while he received a two-minute minor for the hit, he’s caught Brendan Shanahan’s eye as well. Desjardins has a hearing with the league later this afternoon to see if he becomes the latest player to fall victim to the league’s disciplinary movement.
Working in Desjardins’ favor is that he has no record of previous misgivings. Working against him is that Brendan Shanahan just doesn’t care about that so much.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 1
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 32
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 56
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 31
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)