Dec 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins might be getting a short vacation soon.
Desjardins was busted for boarding Chicago defenseman Sami Lepisto and while he received a two-minute minor for the hit, he’s caught Brendan Shanahan’s eye as well. Desjardins has a hearing with the league later this afternoon to see if he becomes the latest player to fall victim to the league’s disciplinary movement.
Working in Desjardins’ favor is that he has no record of previous misgivings. Working against him is that Brendan Shanahan just doesn’t care about that so much.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40