Dec 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins might be getting a short vacation soon.
Desjardins was busted for boarding Chicago defenseman Sami Lepisto and while he received a two-minute minor for the hit, he’s caught Brendan Shanahan’s eye as well. Desjardins has a hearing with the league later this afternoon to see if he becomes the latest player to fall victim to the league’s disciplinary movement.
Working in Desjardins’ favor is that he has no record of previous misgivings. Working against him is that Brendan Shanahan just doesn’t care about that so much.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)