Dec 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins might be getting a short vacation soon.
Desjardins was busted for boarding Chicago defenseman Sami Lepisto and while he received a two-minute minor for the hit, he’s caught Brendan Shanahan’s eye as well. Desjardins has a hearing with the league later this afternoon to see if he becomes the latest player to fall victim to the league’s disciplinary movement.
Working in Desjardins’ favor is that he has no record of previous misgivings. Working against him is that Brendan Shanahan just doesn’t care about that so much.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)