Dec 12, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
Andrew Desjardins won’t face a suspension for boarding Sami Lepisto, but he will be $2,500 poorer. Desjardins is the second player to receive the NHL’s maximum fine today, as Brad Marchand faced the same punishment for slew-footing Matt Niskanen.
My guess is that fine hurts Desjardins a bit more. He’s making $540,000 this season, so it’s likely that losing that chunk of change sends a clearer message to him than most NHLers, who probably light cigars with $100 bills while they cackle in their mansions.
(At least that’s what I imagine they do with their gobs of money.)
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 33
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6