Dec 12, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
Andrew Desjardins won’t face a suspension for boarding Sami Lepisto, but he will be $2,500 poorer. Desjardins is the second player to receive the NHL’s maximum fine today, as Brad Marchand faced the same punishment for slew-footing Matt Niskanen.
My guess is that fine hurts Desjardins a bit more. He’s making $540,000 this season, so it’s likely that losing that chunk of change sends a clearer message to him than most NHLers, who probably light cigars with $100 bills while they cackle in their mansions.
(At least that’s what I imagine they do with their gobs of money.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5