Dec 12, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
Andrew Desjardins won’t face a suspension for boarding Sami Lepisto, but he will be $2,500 poorer. Desjardins is the second player to receive the NHL’s maximum fine today, as Brad Marchand faced the same punishment for slew-footing Matt Niskanen.
My guess is that fine hurts Desjardins a bit more. He’s making $540,000 this season, so it’s likely that losing that chunk of change sends a clearer message to him than most NHLers, who probably light cigars with $100 bills while they cackle in their mansions.
(At least that’s what I imagine they do with their gobs of money.)
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33