Dec 11, 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks scored late, then won it in overtime, 3-2 over the San Jose Sharks Sunday at the United Center.
Tonight, Emery stopped 35 of 37 San Jose shots, keeping his team in the game through the first two periods when the Sharks outshot the Blackhawks, 33-13.
Emery hasn’t always been the quintessential team player, but he’s been saying all the right things while holding down the fort for Crawford.
“I think it might be an opportunity to give [Crawford] a bit of a rest,” he said yesterday. “Maybe that’s what my contribution can be to a successful playoff team — is having a fresh goalie.”
So he’s playing the “I’m just the backup, nothing more” role well.
But you know how these things go. If Emery keeps rolling and Crawford can’t turn it around, we could have ourselves a full-blown goalie controversy in Chicago.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11