Dec 11, 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks scored late, then won it in overtime, 3-2 over the San Jose Sharks Sunday at the United Center.
Tonight, Emery stopped 35 of 37 San Jose shots, keeping his team in the game through the first two periods when the Sharks outshot the Blackhawks, 33-13.
Emery hasn’t always been the quintessential team player, but he’s been saying all the right things while holding down the fort for Crawford.
“I think it might be an opportunity to give [Crawford] a bit of a rest,” he said yesterday. “Maybe that’s what my contribution can be to a successful playoff team — is having a fresh goalie.”
So he’s playing the “I’m just the backup, nothing more” role well.
But you know how these things go. If Emery keeps rolling and Crawford can’t turn it around, we could have ourselves a full-blown goalie controversy in Chicago.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)