Dec 10, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Last season, Perron’s year ended against the Sharks when Joe Thornton connected with a huge hit that gave Perron a concussion. Thornton was suspended two games for it but if you think there’s bad blood, there isn’t. Thornton wished Perron well upon his comeback and with the two facing off tonight, it’s time to close the book on these two.
Perron says to Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that things might be awkward to start, but the game will make it all feel better.
“It’s a hockey game,” Perron said, when asked about the occasion. “I mean, I would say it’s going to be weird a little bit at first. But after the first few shifts it’s just going to be another game and it’s just unfortunate the way the accident happened last year.”
It always comes back to hockey for players and Thornton’s hit, while not dirty would certainly give Perron a reason to have hard feelings. It’s heartwarming to see things smoothed out between the two.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)