Dec 10, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Last season, Perron’s year ended against the Sharks when Joe Thornton connected with a huge hit that gave Perron a concussion. Thornton was suspended two games for it but if you think there’s bad blood, there isn’t. Thornton wished Perron well upon his comeback and with the two facing off tonight, it’s time to close the book on these two.
Perron says to Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that things might be awkward to start, but the game will make it all feel better.
“It’s a hockey game,” Perron said, when asked about the occasion. “I mean, I would say it’s going to be weird a little bit at first. But after the first few shifts it’s just going to be another game and it’s just unfortunate the way the accident happened last year.”
It always comes back to hockey for players and Thornton’s hit, while not dirty would certainly give Perron a reason to have hard feelings. It’s heartwarming to see things smoothed out between the two.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63