Dec 10, 2011, 1:18 PM EST
Last season, Perron’s year ended against the Sharks when Joe Thornton connected with a huge hit that gave Perron a concussion. Thornton was suspended two games for it but if you think there’s bad blood, there isn’t. Thornton wished Perron well upon his comeback and with the two facing off tonight, it’s time to close the book on these two.
Perron says to Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that things might be awkward to start, but the game will make it all feel better.
“It’s a hockey game,” Perron said, when asked about the occasion. “I mean, I would say it’s going to be weird a little bit at first. But after the first few shifts it’s just going to be another game and it’s just unfortunate the way the accident happened last year.”
It always comes back to hockey for players and Thornton’s hit, while not dirty would certainly give Perron a reason to have hard feelings. It’s heartwarming to see things smoothed out between the two.
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 1
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 64
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (114)