Dec 10, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Last season, Perron’s year ended against the Sharks when Joe Thornton connected with a huge hit that gave Perron a concussion. Thornton was suspended two games for it but if you think there’s bad blood, there isn’t. Thornton wished Perron well upon his comeback and with the two facing off tonight, it’s time to close the book on these two.
Perron says to Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that things might be awkward to start, but the game will make it all feel better.
“It’s a hockey game,” Perron said, when asked about the occasion. “I mean, I would say it’s going to be weird a little bit at first. But after the first few shifts it’s just going to be another game and it’s just unfortunate the way the accident happened last year.”
It always comes back to hockey for players and Thornton’s hit, while not dirty would certainly give Perron a reason to have hard feelings. It’s heartwarming to see things smoothed out between the two.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)