Dec 10, 2011, 4:32 PM EST
Tomas Kaberle sure found a nice way to impress his latest new team, the Montreal Canadiens.
Kaberle helped spur the Canadiens to a 2-1 victory over the Devils thanks to two assists including one on the power play. Kaberle, sporting the number 22 now in Montreal, helped the Habs snap a two game losing streak and proving for at least one game that he was worth the investment.
Kaberle was acquired from Carolina yesterday for Jaroslav Spacek in a one-for-one deal. If he can produce like this continually for Montreal, he’ll help make Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford eat his words in which he said signing Kaberle was a mistake. Kaberle’s two assist game matches the one Spacek had last night in his debut with the Hurricanes.
Here’s a look at Kaberle’s first point as a Hab.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (71)