Dec 10, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Tomas Kaberle sure found a nice way to impress his latest new team, the Montreal Canadiens.
Kaberle helped spur the Canadiens to a 2-1 victory over the Devils thanks to two assists including one on the power play. Kaberle, sporting the number 22 now in Montreal, helped the Habs snap a two game losing streak and proving for at least one game that he was worth the investment.
Kaberle was acquired from Carolina yesterday for Jaroslav Spacek in a one-for-one deal. If he can produce like this continually for Montreal, he’ll help make Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford eat his words in which he said signing Kaberle was a mistake. Kaberle’s two assist game matches the one Spacek had last night in his debut with the Hurricanes.
Here’s a look at Kaberle’s first point as a Hab.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 12
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 21
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (94)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)