Dec 10, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Tomas Kaberle sure found a nice way to impress his latest new team, the Montreal Canadiens.
Kaberle helped spur the Canadiens to a 2-1 victory over the Devils thanks to two assists including one on the power play. Kaberle, sporting the number 22 now in Montreal, helped the Habs snap a two game losing streak and proving for at least one game that he was worth the investment.
Kaberle was acquired from Carolina yesterday for Jaroslav Spacek in a one-for-one deal. If he can produce like this continually for Montreal, he’ll help make Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford eat his words in which he said signing Kaberle was a mistake. Kaberle’s two assist game matches the one Spacek had last night in his debut with the Hurricanes.
Here’s a look at Kaberle’s first point as a Hab.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 3
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)