Dec 10, 2011, 4:32 PM EST
Tomas Kaberle sure found a nice way to impress his latest new team, the Montreal Canadiens.
Kaberle helped spur the Canadiens to a 2-1 victory over the Devils thanks to two assists including one on the power play. Kaberle, sporting the number 22 now in Montreal, helped the Habs snap a two game losing streak and proving for at least one game that he was worth the investment.
Kaberle was acquired from Carolina yesterday for Jaroslav Spacek in a one-for-one deal. If he can produce like this continually for Montreal, he’ll help make Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford eat his words in which he said signing Kaberle was a mistake. Kaberle’s two assist game matches the one Spacek had last night in his debut with the Hurricanes.
Here’s a look at Kaberle’s first point as a Hab.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)