Dec 10, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Tomas Kaberle sure found a nice way to impress his latest new team, the Montreal Canadiens.
Kaberle helped spur the Canadiens to a 2-1 victory over the Devils thanks to two assists including one on the power play. Kaberle, sporting the number 22 now in Montreal, helped the Habs snap a two game losing streak and proving for at least one game that he was worth the investment.
Kaberle was acquired from Carolina yesterday for Jaroslav Spacek in a one-for-one deal. If he can produce like this continually for Montreal, he’ll help make Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford eat his words in which he said signing Kaberle was a mistake. Kaberle’s two assist game matches the one Spacek had last night in his debut with the Hurricanes.
Here’s a look at Kaberle’s first point as a Hab.
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12