Dec 10, 2011, 10:04 AM EDT
You can never accuse Tom Renney of not having a grasp on how things are going in Edmonton. While the Oilers have been skidding lately, the one player who has kept it all together has been none other than rookie Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
Renney has busted Nugent-Hopkins out in big situations and has seen him respond great all the same. That includes double-shifting him on the team’s power play unit against Colorado. Renney’s response to how he’s handling all of it? According to Terry Jones of the Edmonton Sun, it’s pretty simple.
“But he’s a pretty good player. I just found that out,” Renney joked. “One thing that we did notice is that it works.”
Nugent-Hopkins is proving to be the one consistent player in Edmonton and with Taylor Hall still out of action, he’s essentially been the straw that stirs the drink. Not too bad for a kid fresh out of junior hockey. Looks like the Oilers cashed in awfully well on a No. 1 pick in the draft yet again.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)