Dec 10, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
The Senators are getting a bit more healthy tonight.
Ottawa gets two-way forward Peter Regin and tough guy defenseman Matt Carkner back into the lineup tonight against Vancouver. While the Sens were expecting Carkner back tonight, getting Regin back is a stunner as James Gordon of Senators Extra reports.
Regin’s return to action sees him line up on Ottawa’s second line with Daniel Alfredsson and Nick Foligno. Hey, if you’re going to come back unexpectedly you get a nice reward. For Regin, this would be a great opportunity to show the promise he had two years ago to potentially be their permanent second line center.
Carkner, meanwhile, will be back to bring Ottawa’s back line a lot more snarl. With their host of young players and veterans, having a guy there to keep everyone in line is something they’ve lacked.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38