Dec 10, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
The Senators are getting a bit more healthy tonight.
Ottawa gets two-way forward Peter Regin and tough guy defenseman Matt Carkner back into the lineup tonight against Vancouver. While the Sens were expecting Carkner back tonight, getting Regin back is a stunner as James Gordon of Senators Extra reports.
Regin’s return to action sees him line up on Ottawa’s second line with Daniel Alfredsson and Nick Foligno. Hey, if you’re going to come back unexpectedly you get a nice reward. For Regin, this would be a great opportunity to show the promise he had two years ago to potentially be their permanent second line center.
Carkner, meanwhile, will be back to bring Ottawa’s back line a lot more snarl. With their host of young players and veterans, having a guy there to keep everyone in line is something they’ve lacked.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 133
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 81
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7