Dec 10, 2011, 5:27 PM EST
The Senators are getting a bit more healthy tonight.
Ottawa gets two-way forward Peter Regin and tough guy defenseman Matt Carkner back into the lineup tonight against Vancouver. While the Sens were expecting Carkner back tonight, getting Regin back is a stunner as James Gordon of Senators Extra reports.
Regin’s return to action sees him line up on Ottawa’s second line with Daniel Alfredsson and Nick Foligno. Hey, if you’re going to come back unexpectedly you get a nice reward. For Regin, this would be a great opportunity to show the promise he had two years ago to potentially be their permanent second line center.
Carkner, meanwhile, will be back to bring Ottawa’s back line a lot more snarl. With their host of young players and veterans, having a guy there to keep everyone in line is something they’ve lacked.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 4
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 12
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 25
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)