Dec 10, 2011, 5:27 PM EST
The Senators are getting a bit more healthy tonight.
Ottawa gets two-way forward Peter Regin and tough guy defenseman Matt Carkner back into the lineup tonight against Vancouver. While the Sens were expecting Carkner back tonight, getting Regin back is a stunner as James Gordon of Senators Extra reports.
Regin’s return to action sees him line up on Ottawa’s second line with Daniel Alfredsson and Nick Foligno. Hey, if you’re going to come back unexpectedly you get a nice reward. For Regin, this would be a great opportunity to show the promise he had two years ago to potentially be their permanent second line center.
Carkner, meanwhile, will be back to bring Ottawa’s back line a lot more snarl. With their host of young players and veterans, having a guy there to keep everyone in line is something they’ve lacked.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2