Dec 10, 2011, 5:27 PM EST
The Senators are getting a bit more healthy tonight.
Ottawa gets two-way forward Peter Regin and tough guy defenseman Matt Carkner back into the lineup tonight against Vancouver. While the Sens were expecting Carkner back tonight, getting Regin back is a stunner as James Gordon of Senators Extra reports.
Regin’s return to action sees him line up on Ottawa’s second line with Daniel Alfredsson and Nick Foligno. Hey, if you’re going to come back unexpectedly you get a nice reward. For Regin, this would be a great opportunity to show the promise he had two years ago to potentially be their permanent second line center.
Carkner, meanwhile, will be back to bring Ottawa’s back line a lot more snarl. With their host of young players and veterans, having a guy there to keep everyone in line is something they’ve lacked.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)