Dec 10, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
The Penguins just cannot avoid injury problems this season.
Pittsburgh was already set to be without Sidney Crosby tonight along with Kris Letang and Zbynek Michalek and now they’ll be without Jordan Staal. The Pens ruled Staal out of tonight’s game with a lower body injury meaning that Pittsburgh will try to beat the Islanders with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal leading the offense. Jason Williams will do his part to try and replace Staal’s production.
The Penguins’ injury woes are startling this season and while they’ve had far too much experience with them, having another season of them is just brutal. Injuries are unavoidable during the season but at this point coach Dan Bylsma has to be doing his best Roberto Duran impression and saying, “no mas.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 59
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5