Dec 10, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
The Penguins just cannot avoid injury problems this season.
Pittsburgh was already set to be without Sidney Crosby tonight along with Kris Letang and Zbynek Michalek and now they’ll be without Jordan Staal. The Pens ruled Staal out of tonight’s game with a lower body injury meaning that Pittsburgh will try to beat the Islanders with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal leading the offense. Jason Williams will do his part to try and replace Staal’s production.
The Penguins’ injury woes are startling this season and while they’ve had far too much experience with them, having another season of them is just brutal. Injuries are unavoidable during the season but at this point coach Dan Bylsma has to be doing his best Roberto Duran impression and saying, “no mas.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 8
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 40
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45