Dec 10, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
The Penguins just cannot avoid injury problems this season.
Pittsburgh was already set to be without Sidney Crosby tonight along with Kris Letang and Zbynek Michalek and now they’ll be without Jordan Staal. The Pens ruled Staal out of tonight’s game with a lower body injury meaning that Pittsburgh will try to beat the Islanders with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal leading the offense. Jason Williams will do his part to try and replace Staal’s production.
The Penguins’ injury woes are startling this season and while they’ve had far too much experience with them, having another season of them is just brutal. Injuries are unavoidable during the season but at this point coach Dan Bylsma has to be doing his best Roberto Duran impression and saying, “no mas.”
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34