Dec 10, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
No one escapes the watchful eye of Brendan Shanahan.
Montreal’s Lars Eller was fined $2,500 for boarding Drew Doughty of the L.A. Kings last week during the Canadiens’ 2-1 win over the Kings. It’s the first time Eller has run afoul of the law of the league and even though he was penalized for the hit during the game, he still gets dinged by the league for being bad.
As you know by now, $2,500 is maximum amount you can be fined under the CBA. Doughty was uninjured on the play so if there’s an upside to the play, that’s it. On the downside for Eller, his name is now officially on record for future instances he might be involved in.
If you missed the hit, here it is to see for yourself.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)