Dec 10, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
No one escapes the watchful eye of Brendan Shanahan.
Montreal’s Lars Eller was fined $2,500 for boarding Drew Doughty of the L.A. Kings last week during the Canadiens’ 2-1 win over the Kings. It’s the first time Eller has run afoul of the law of the league and even though he was penalized for the hit during the game, he still gets dinged by the league for being bad.
As you know by now, $2,500 is maximum amount you can be fined under the CBA. Doughty was uninjured on the play so if there’s an upside to the play, that’s it. On the downside for Eller, his name is now officially on record for future instances he might be involved in.
If you missed the hit, here it is to see for yourself.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)