Dec 10, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
No one escapes the watchful eye of Brendan Shanahan.
Montreal’s Lars Eller was fined $2,500 for boarding Drew Doughty of the L.A. Kings last week during the Canadiens’ 2-1 win over the Kings. It’s the first time Eller has run afoul of the law of the league and even though he was penalized for the hit during the game, he still gets dinged by the league for being bad.
As you know by now, $2,500 is maximum amount you can be fined under the CBA. Doughty was uninjured on the play so if there’s an upside to the play, that’s it. On the downside for Eller, his name is now officially on record for future instances he might be involved in.
If you missed the hit, here it is to see for yourself.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)