Dec 10, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
No one escapes the watchful eye of Brendan Shanahan.
Montreal’s Lars Eller was fined $2,500 for boarding Drew Doughty of the L.A. Kings last week during the Canadiens’ 2-1 win over the Kings. It’s the first time Eller has run afoul of the law of the league and even though he was penalized for the hit during the game, he still gets dinged by the league for being bad.
As you know by now, $2,500 is maximum amount you can be fined under the CBA. Doughty was uninjured on the play so if there’s an upside to the play, that’s it. On the downside for Eller, his name is now officially on record for future instances he might be involved in.
If you missed the hit, here it is to see for yourself.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6