Dec 10, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
No one escapes the watchful eye of Brendan Shanahan.
Montreal’s Lars Eller was fined $2,500 for boarding Drew Doughty of the L.A. Kings last week during the Canadiens’ 2-1 win over the Kings. It’s the first time Eller has run afoul of the law of the league and even though he was penalized for the hit during the game, he still gets dinged by the league for being bad.
As you know by now, $2,500 is maximum amount you can be fined under the CBA. Doughty was uninjured on the play so if there’s an upside to the play, that’s it. On the downside for Eller, his name is now officially on record for future instances he might be involved in.
If you missed the hit, here it is to see for yourself.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 0
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)