Dec 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
If you thought you saw Dennis Wideman net a hat trick in beating the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-2 last night, it was all just a mirage.
As it was, Wideman debated last night whether or not the hat trick was his, telling CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley, “If you get one, you want it to be honest. You don’t want a cheap one.”
Well isn’t that polite.
The scoring change doesn’t change the fact that the Caps’ power play dominated the Leafs and the Capitals started to look like the fun and games Caps we used to see. The only people having regrets over this news, however, are all the fans that tossed their hats to the ice at Verizon Center.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)