Dec 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
If you thought you saw Dennis Wideman net a hat trick in beating the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-2 last night, it was all just a mirage.
As it was, Wideman debated last night whether or not the hat trick was his, telling CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley, “If you get one, you want it to be honest. You don’t want a cheap one.”
Well isn’t that polite.
The scoring change doesn’t change the fact that the Caps’ power play dominated the Leafs and the Capitals started to look like the fun and games Caps we used to see. The only people having regrets over this news, however, are all the fans that tossed their hats to the ice at Verizon Center.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22