Dec 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EST
If you thought you saw Dennis Wideman net a hat trick in beating the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-2 last night, it was all just a mirage.
As it was, Wideman debated last night whether or not the hat trick was his, telling CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley, “If you get one, you want it to be honest. You don’t want a cheap one.”
Well isn’t that polite.
The scoring change doesn’t change the fact that the Caps’ power play dominated the Leafs and the Capitals started to look like the fun and games Caps we used to see. The only people having regrets over this news, however, are all the fans that tossed their hats to the ice at Verizon Center.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 15
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)