Dec 9, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
“He suffered a mild concussion,” head coach Claude Julien told reporters. “He’ll be out for the time being. They said it was a ‘mild concussion’ but you never know. We’ll take it day-by-day.”
The hit was contentious as it appears Paille’s head was the principal point of contact. While Barch did lead with the shoulder, the aftermath was severe — Paille wobbled to the bench and didn’t return to the game:
The game was Barch’s first in a Florida uniform after being traded from Dallas on Wednesday. We noted the Panthers were seeking toughness as teams had been taking advantage of them physically, and it didn’t take Barch long to fill that role.
For what it’s worth, Julien told the Bruins website he felt the hit was clean and it appeared Paille and Barch banged heads before the hit was finished. Paille won’t be making the trip to Columbus for Saturday night’s game against the Blue Jackets.
(Image courtesy Boston Globe.)
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28