Dec 9, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
“He suffered a mild concussion,” head coach Claude Julien told reporters. “He’ll be out for the time being. They said it was a ‘mild concussion’ but you never know. We’ll take it day-by-day.”
The hit was contentious as it appears Paille’s head was the principal point of contact. While Barch did lead with the shoulder, the aftermath was severe — Paille wobbled to the bench and didn’t return to the game:
The game was Barch’s first in a Florida uniform after being traded from Dallas on Wednesday. We noted the Panthers were seeking toughness as teams had been taking advantage of them physically, and it didn’t take Barch long to fill that role.
For what it’s worth, Julien told the Bruins website he felt the hit was clean and it appeared Paille and Barch banged heads before the hit was finished. Paille won’t be making the trip to Columbus for Saturday night’s game against the Blue Jackets.
(Image courtesy Boston Globe.)
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? 26
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 15
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 13
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 34
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 58
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 92
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead