Dec 9, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
“He suffered a mild concussion,” head coach Claude Julien told reporters. “He’ll be out for the time being. They said it was a ‘mild concussion’ but you never know. We’ll take it day-by-day.”
The hit was contentious as it appears Paille’s head was the principal point of contact. While Barch did lead with the shoulder, the aftermath was severe — Paille wobbled to the bench and didn’t return to the game:
The game was Barch’s first in a Florida uniform after being traded from Dallas on Wednesday. We noted the Panthers were seeking toughness as teams had been taking advantage of them physically, and it didn’t take Barch long to fill that role.
For what it’s worth, Julien told the Bruins website he felt the hit was clean and it appeared Paille and Barch banged heads before the hit was finished. Paille won’t be making the trip to Columbus for Saturday night’s game against the Blue Jackets.
(Image courtesy Boston Globe.)
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54