Dec 9, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
“He suffered a mild concussion,” head coach Claude Julien told reporters. “He’ll be out for the time being. They said it was a ‘mild concussion’ but you never know. We’ll take it day-by-day.”
The hit was contentious as it appears Paille’s head was the principal point of contact. While Barch did lead with the shoulder, the aftermath was severe — Paille wobbled to the bench and didn’t return to the game:
The game was Barch’s first in a Florida uniform after being traded from Dallas on Wednesday. We noted the Panthers were seeking toughness as teams had been taking advantage of them physically, and it didn’t take Barch long to fill that role.
For what it’s worth, Julien told the Bruins website he felt the hit was clean and it appeared Paille and Barch banged heads before the hit was finished. Paille won’t be making the trip to Columbus for Saturday night’s game against the Blue Jackets.
(Image courtesy Boston Globe.)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15