Dec 9, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
“He suffered a mild concussion,” head coach Claude Julien told reporters. “He’ll be out for the time being. They said it was a ‘mild concussion’ but you never know. We’ll take it day-by-day.”
The hit was contentious as it appears Paille’s head was the principal point of contact. While Barch did lead with the shoulder, the aftermath was severe — Paille wobbled to the bench and didn’t return to the game:
The game was Barch’s first in a Florida uniform after being traded from Dallas on Wednesday. We noted the Panthers were seeking toughness as teams had been taking advantage of them physically, and it didn’t take Barch long to fill that role.
For what it’s worth, Julien told the Bruins website he felt the hit was clean and it appeared Paille and Barch banged heads before the hit was finished. Paille won’t be making the trip to Columbus for Saturday night’s game against the Blue Jackets.
(Image courtesy Boston Globe.)
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39