Dec 9, 2011, 6:26 PM EDT
Thought we’d pass along this King 5 news report about the mounting efforts to get an NBA/NHL arena built in Seattle.
For those non-basketball fans out there, the only reason the Sonics left town was the absence of a modern arena – Seattle is a fantastic hoops town. But could it be a good hockey town, too?
Among the things Seattle’s got going for it:
—- Large metro population.
—- Plenty of rich people.
—- High-profile companies like Amazon.com, Starbucks and Microsoft.
—- Close enough to draw from Portland and Vancouver.
—- “Let’s do something indoors” weather during the winter.
The question is whether enough Seattle residents like hockey to support a team.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 1
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6