Dec 9, 2011, 4:33 PM EDT
Columbus lost another heartbreaker last night. Leading the Predators 3-1 with less than two minutes remaining in the third period, the Blue Jackets watched Nashville score twice then win it in overtime.
And just to make matters worse, the game was in Columbus.
But hey, at least it wasn’t as bad as Oct. 22 in Ottawa when the Jackets gave up two goals in the final 36 seconds and lost 4-3 in regulation. They didn’t even get a point out of that one.
It still hurt though.
“I didn’t sleep last night,” Jackets coach Scott Arniel said today, as per the Columbus Dispatch. “I was still pissed this morning when I came into (the rink). But you have to move on.”
Columbus hosts defending champion Boston Saturday and defending Presidents’ Trophy winner Vancouver Tuesday.
If it weren’t so sad, it’d be hilarious.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6