Dec 9, 2011, 4:33 PM EST
Columbus lost another heartbreaker last night. Leading the Predators 3-1 with less than two minutes remaining in the third period, the Blue Jackets watched Nashville score twice then win it in overtime.
And just to make matters worse, the game was in Columbus.
But hey, at least it wasn’t as bad as Oct. 22 in Ottawa when the Jackets gave up two goals in the final 36 seconds and lost 4-3 in regulation. They didn’t even get a point out of that one.
It still hurt though.
“I didn’t sleep last night,” Jackets coach Scott Arniel said today, as per the Columbus Dispatch. “I was still pissed this morning when I came into (the rink). But you have to move on.”
Columbus hosts defending champion Boston Saturday and defending Presidents’ Trophy winner Vancouver Tuesday.
If it weren’t so sad, it’d be hilarious.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16