Dec 9, 2011, 4:33 PM EST
Columbus lost another heartbreaker last night. Leading the Predators 3-1 with less than two minutes remaining in the third period, the Blue Jackets watched Nashville score twice then win it in overtime.
And just to make matters worse, the game was in Columbus.
But hey, at least it wasn’t as bad as Oct. 22 in Ottawa when the Jackets gave up two goals in the final 36 seconds and lost 4-3 in regulation. They didn’t even get a point out of that one.
It still hurt though.
“I didn’t sleep last night,” Jackets coach Scott Arniel said today, as per the Columbus Dispatch. “I was still pissed this morning when I came into (the rink). But you have to move on.”
Columbus hosts defending champion Boston Saturday and defending Presidents’ Trophy winner Vancouver Tuesday.
If it weren’t so sad, it’d be hilarious.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 6
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8