Dec 9, 2011, 4:33 PM EDT
Columbus lost another heartbreaker last night. Leading the Predators 3-1 with less than two minutes remaining in the third period, the Blue Jackets watched Nashville score twice then win it in overtime.
And just to make matters worse, the game was in Columbus.
But hey, at least it wasn’t as bad as Oct. 22 in Ottawa when the Jackets gave up two goals in the final 36 seconds and lost 4-3 in regulation. They didn’t even get a point out of that one.
It still hurt though.
“I didn’t sleep last night,” Jackets coach Scott Arniel said today, as per the Columbus Dispatch. “I was still pissed this morning when I came into (the rink). But you have to move on.”
Columbus hosts defending champion Boston Saturday and defending Presidents’ Trophy winner Vancouver Tuesday.
If it weren’t so sad, it’d be hilarious.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)