Dec 9, 2011, 4:33 PM EDT
Columbus lost another heartbreaker last night. Leading the Predators 3-1 with less than two minutes remaining in the third period, the Blue Jackets watched Nashville score twice then win it in overtime.
And just to make matters worse, the game was in Columbus.
But hey, at least it wasn’t as bad as Oct. 22 in Ottawa when the Jackets gave up two goals in the final 36 seconds and lost 4-3 in regulation. They didn’t even get a point out of that one.
It still hurt though.
“I didn’t sleep last night,” Jackets coach Scott Arniel said today, as per the Columbus Dispatch. “I was still pissed this morning when I came into (the rink). But you have to move on.”
Columbus hosts defending champion Boston Saturday and defending Presidents’ Trophy winner Vancouver Tuesday.
If it weren’t so sad, it’d be hilarious.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 30
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)