Dec 9, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
Bruce Boudreau’s takeover in Anaheim hasn’t produced wins immediately for the Ducks.
After losing to St. Louis last night, Boudreau told Mark Whicker of the OC Register that the missed shots and opportunities the Ducks have had would’ve been capitalized upon by a more confident team. Wins were hard to come by for the Ducks this season with Randy Carlyle at the helm leading to his firing and Boudreau’s hiring. Wins will come in time, but as Boudreau says, they’re a team that needs a win streak to get their swagger back.
Meanwhile, future Hall Of Famer Teemu Selanne says the Ducks are playing better now, but making a mess on their own thanks to bad mistakes. Mistakes come with trying too hard or not trying nearly hard enough. With how much tougher the Ducks have been since Boudreau took over, it’s safe to say it’s a case of the former not the latter.
Getting positive results from a coaching change aren’t always instantaneous, but for the Ducks it’ll take time. There’s enough top end talent to turn things around, they’ll just have to take Simpsons’ pitchman Troy McClure’s advice to “get confident, stupid!” to make it happen.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)