Dec 9, 2011, 9:29 AM EST
Bruce Boudreau’s takeover in Anaheim hasn’t produced wins immediately for the Ducks.
After losing to St. Louis last night, Boudreau told Mark Whicker of the OC Register that the missed shots and opportunities the Ducks have had would’ve been capitalized upon by a more confident team. Wins were hard to come by for the Ducks this season with Randy Carlyle at the helm leading to his firing and Boudreau’s hiring. Wins will come in time, but as Boudreau says, they’re a team that needs a win streak to get their swagger back.
Meanwhile, future Hall Of Famer Teemu Selanne says the Ducks are playing better now, but making a mess on their own thanks to bad mistakes. Mistakes come with trying too hard or not trying nearly hard enough. With how much tougher the Ducks have been since Boudreau took over, it’s safe to say it’s a case of the former not the latter.
Getting positive results from a coaching change aren’t always instantaneous, but for the Ducks it’ll take time. There’s enough top end talent to turn things around, they’ll just have to take Simpsons’ pitchman Troy McClure’s advice to “get confident, stupid!” to make it happen.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)