Dec 9, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
Bruce Boudreau’s takeover in Anaheim hasn’t produced wins immediately for the Ducks.
After losing to St. Louis last night, Boudreau told Mark Whicker of the OC Register that the missed shots and opportunities the Ducks have had would’ve been capitalized upon by a more confident team. Wins were hard to come by for the Ducks this season with Randy Carlyle at the helm leading to his firing and Boudreau’s hiring. Wins will come in time, but as Boudreau says, they’re a team that needs a win streak to get their swagger back.
Meanwhile, future Hall Of Famer Teemu Selanne says the Ducks are playing better now, but making a mess on their own thanks to bad mistakes. Mistakes come with trying too hard or not trying nearly hard enough. With how much tougher the Ducks have been since Boudreau took over, it’s safe to say it’s a case of the former not the latter.
Getting positive results from a coaching change aren’t always instantaneous, but for the Ducks it’ll take time. There’s enough top end talent to turn things around, they’ll just have to take Simpsons’ pitchman Troy McClure’s advice to “get confident, stupid!” to make it happen.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 38
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 99
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (99)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)