Dec 9, 2011, 9:29 AM EST
Bruce Boudreau’s takeover in Anaheim hasn’t produced wins immediately for the Ducks.
After losing to St. Louis last night, Boudreau told Mark Whicker of the OC Register that the missed shots and opportunities the Ducks have had would’ve been capitalized upon by a more confident team. Wins were hard to come by for the Ducks this season with Randy Carlyle at the helm leading to his firing and Boudreau’s hiring. Wins will come in time, but as Boudreau says, they’re a team that needs a win streak to get their swagger back.
Meanwhile, future Hall Of Famer Teemu Selanne says the Ducks are playing better now, but making a mess on their own thanks to bad mistakes. Mistakes come with trying too hard or not trying nearly hard enough. With how much tougher the Ducks have been since Boudreau took over, it’s safe to say it’s a case of the former not the latter.
Getting positive results from a coaching change aren’t always instantaneous, but for the Ducks it’ll take time. There’s enough top end talent to turn things around, they’ll just have to take Simpsons’ pitchman Troy McClure’s advice to “get confident, stupid!” to make it happen.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 0
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 27
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 49
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)