Dec 9, 2011, 11:13 PM EST
The Florida Panthers received a charity point and thus find themselves tied with the Philadelphia Flyers for the top spot in the East, but a few leaky moments cost them the win. The Buffalo Sabres topped them 2-1 in overtime thanks to some great transition passing and sexy finishes.
First, Derek Roy receives a nice pass in stride to make it 1-0:
A great outlet pass allowed Jason Pominville to knock the Panthers out with a counter punch.
Panthers coach Kevin Dineen is likely pleased with Florida’s overall play so far, but if needs something to yell about tonight, perhaps he’ll focus on plays like those. Then again, sometimes you just can’t beat a great transition pass.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11