Dec 9, 2011, 11:13 PM EST
The Florida Panthers received a charity point and thus find themselves tied with the Philadelphia Flyers for the top spot in the East, but a few leaky moments cost them the win. The Buffalo Sabres topped them 2-1 in overtime thanks to some great transition passing and sexy finishes.
First, Derek Roy receives a nice pass in stride to make it 1-0:
A great outlet pass allowed Jason Pominville to knock the Panthers out with a counter punch.
Panthers coach Kevin Dineen is likely pleased with Florida’s overall play so far, but if needs something to yell about tonight, perhaps he’ll focus on plays like those. Then again, sometimes you just can’t beat a great transition pass.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)