Dec 9, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers received a charity point and thus find themselves tied with the Philadelphia Flyers for the top spot in the East, but a few leaky moments cost them the win. The Buffalo Sabres topped them 2-1 in overtime thanks to some great transition passing and sexy finishes.
First, Derek Roy receives a nice pass in stride to make it 1-0:
A great outlet pass allowed Jason Pominville to knock the Panthers out with a counter punch.
Panthers coach Kevin Dineen is likely pleased with Florida’s overall play so far, but if needs something to yell about tonight, perhaps he’ll focus on plays like those. Then again, sometimes you just can’t beat a great transition pass.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)