Dec 9, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers received a charity point and thus find themselves tied with the Philadelphia Flyers for the top spot in the East, but a few leaky moments cost them the win. The Buffalo Sabres topped them 2-1 in overtime thanks to some great transition passing and sexy finishes.
First, Derek Roy receives a nice pass in stride to make it 1-0:
A great outlet pass allowed Jason Pominville to knock the Panthers out with a counter punch.
Panthers coach Kevin Dineen is likely pleased with Florida’s overall play so far, but if needs something to yell about tonight, perhaps he’ll focus on plays like those. Then again, sometimes you just can’t beat a great transition pass.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)