Dec 9, 2011, 11:13 PM EST
The Florida Panthers received a charity point and thus find themselves tied with the Philadelphia Flyers for the top spot in the East, but a few leaky moments cost them the win. The Buffalo Sabres topped them 2-1 in overtime thanks to some great transition passing and sexy finishes.
First, Derek Roy receives a nice pass in stride to make it 1-0:
A great outlet pass allowed Jason Pominville to knock the Panthers out with a counter punch.
Panthers coach Kevin Dineen is likely pleased with Florida’s overall play so far, but if needs something to yell about tonight, perhaps he’ll focus on plays like those. Then again, sometimes you just can’t beat a great transition pass.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11