Dec 9, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
You have to give Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford credit — he knows when he made a mistake.
After signing Tomas Kaberle to a three-year, $12.75 million deal this summer, he cashed in his chips and traded him to Montreal. In discussing the one-for-one deal for Jaroslav Spacek, Rutherford made it clear he was wrong.
“The bottom line in making this trade was on moving Tomas Kaberle’s contract,” Rutherford told Chip Alexander of Raleigh News & Observer.
As for signing Kaberle over the summer, Rutherford kept it simple: “I should’ve known better.”
So hey, Montreal… Enjoy that new albatross you’ve got coming your way.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4