Dec 9, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
You have to give Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford credit — he knows when he made a mistake.
After signing Tomas Kaberle to a three-year, $12.75 million deal this summer, he cashed in his chips and traded him to Montreal. In discussing the one-for-one deal for Jaroslav Spacek, Rutherford made it clear he was wrong.
“The bottom line in making this trade was on moving Tomas Kaberle’s contract,” Rutherford told Chip Alexander of Raleigh News & Observer.
As for signing Kaberle over the summer, Rutherford kept it simple: “I should’ve known better.”
So hey, Montreal… Enjoy that new albatross you’ve got coming your way.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11