Dec 9, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
You have to give Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford credit — he knows when he made a mistake.
After signing Tomas Kaberle to a three-year, $12.75 million deal this summer, he cashed in his chips and traded him to Montreal. In discussing the one-for-one deal for Jaroslav Spacek, Rutherford made it clear he was wrong.
“The bottom line in making this trade was on moving Tomas Kaberle’s contract,” Rutherford told Chip Alexander of Raleigh News & Observer.
As for signing Kaberle over the summer, Rutherford kept it simple: “I should’ve known better.”
So hey, Montreal… Enjoy that new albatross you’ve got coming your way.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 16
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)