Dec 9, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
You have to give Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford credit — he knows when he made a mistake.
After signing Tomas Kaberle to a three-year, $12.75 million deal this summer, he cashed in his chips and traded him to Montreal. In discussing the one-for-one deal for Jaroslav Spacek, Rutherford made it clear he was wrong.
“The bottom line in making this trade was on moving Tomas Kaberle’s contract,” Rutherford told Chip Alexander of Raleigh News & Observer.
As for signing Kaberle over the summer, Rutherford kept it simple: “I should’ve known better.”
So hey, Montreal… Enjoy that new albatross you’ve got coming your way.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 9
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 68
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (84)