Dec 9, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
You have to give Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford credit — he knows when he made a mistake.
After signing Tomas Kaberle to a three-year, $12.75 million deal this summer, he cashed in his chips and traded him to Montreal. In discussing the one-for-one deal for Jaroslav Spacek, Rutherford made it clear he was wrong.
“The bottom line in making this trade was on moving Tomas Kaberle’s contract,” Rutherford told Chip Alexander of Raleigh News & Observer.
As for signing Kaberle over the summer, Rutherford kept it simple: “I should’ve known better.”
So hey, Montreal… Enjoy that new albatross you’ve got coming your way.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 8
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 3
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)