Dec 9, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
Anisimov’s incredible goal celebration managed to catch the ire of not just Vincent Lecavalier and Steve Stamkos, but also that of his coach John Tortorella. When you get opponents upset that’s one thing, getting John Tortorella displeased with you is something else entirely.
As Andrew Gross of Rangers Rants makes note, Tortorella supports Anisimov, but you know he’s not too pleased.
“You guys all know him, he’s a great kid. I don’t think he realized what would happen in that type of situation and I don’t think that’s planned by him to go that far. I don’t blame Tampa at all, I’d expect our team to do the same thing. It’s a lesson learned pretty quickly.”
If you’re wondering if the league will do anything to punish Anisimov, don’t count on it. The NHL didn’t suspend or fine Arron Asham for his “go to sleep” taunt of Jay Beagle early this season and Beagle wound up injured because of that fight. If anything happens to Anisimov because of this, mark it down as something else to be skeptical about how the NHL punishes players.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28