Dec 8, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Tonight is your night, Brad Winchester. According to MercuryNews.com, San Jose’s tough guy is likely to skate on the first line with Joe Thornton and Joe Pavelski against Dallas at HP Pavilion. Meanwhile, struggling forward Patrick Marleau will be dropped to the third line with Michal Handzus and Jamie McGinn.
The Sharks have lost four of their last five, and with three of those losses coming at home, it’s no surprise coach Todd McLellan felt the need to shake it up.
“Patty, Jumbo and Pavs have been outscored by the other team’s lines the last three games in a row,” McLellan said. “That has to change.”
Jumbo, Pavs and, uh – Winchy? – could be a tough trio for the Stars to handle from a physical standpoint.
“[Winchester] has a way of burrowing himself right in the blue paint,” McLellan said. “Maybe that’s an ingredient that Pavs and Jumbo need right now.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 3
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 13
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)