Dec 8, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Tonight is your night, Brad Winchester. According to MercuryNews.com, San Jose’s tough guy is likely to skate on the first line with Joe Thornton and Joe Pavelski against Dallas at HP Pavilion. Meanwhile, struggling forward Patrick Marleau will be dropped to the third line with Michal Handzus and Jamie McGinn.
The Sharks have lost four of their last five, and with three of those losses coming at home, it’s no surprise coach Todd McLellan felt the need to shake it up.
“Patty, Jumbo and Pavs have been outscored by the other team’s lines the last three games in a row,” McLellan said. “That has to change.”
Jumbo, Pavs and, uh – Winchy? – could be a tough trio for the Stars to handle from a physical standpoint.
“[Winchester] has a way of burrowing himself right in the blue paint,” McLellan said. “Maybe that’s an ingredient that Pavs and Jumbo need right now.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20