Dec 8, 2011, 9:22 PM EST
Anyone remember when Teemu Selanne broke Mike Bossy’s rookie goal scoring record? The goal was just like the other 75 he scored that season—but the celebration is what most people remember. After tonight, we can probably say that Rangers forward Artem Anisimov is a fan.
After scoring a sweet shorthanded goal against the Tampa Bay Lightning to give his team the 2-1 lead in the second period, he took aim at the Lightning net. Predictably, all hell broke loose after Anisimov’s celebration leading to 38 minutes worth of penalties—including 10 minute misconducts for Anisimov and Steve Downie (for leaving the bench to join the festivities).
Here’s the question: are you alright with Anisimov’s celebration or did he deserve the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he earned for the move? More importantly, are you alright with Vinny Lecavalier (and the rest of the Lightning players) response? The comment section awaits.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4