Dec 8, 2011, 9:22 PM EDT
Anyone remember when Teemu Selanne broke Mike Bossy’s rookie goal scoring record? The goal was just like the other 75 he scored that season—but the celebration is what most people remember. After tonight, we can probably say that Rangers forward Artem Anisimov is a fan.
After scoring a sweet shorthanded goal against the Tampa Bay Lightning to give his team the 2-1 lead in the second period, he took aim at the Lightning net. Predictably, all hell broke loose after Anisimov’s celebration leading to 38 minutes worth of penalties—including 10 minute misconducts for Anisimov and Steve Downie (for leaving the bench to join the festivities).
Here’s the question: are you alright with Anisimov’s celebration or did he deserve the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he earned for the move? More importantly, are you alright with Vinny Lecavalier (and the rest of the Lightning players) response? The comment section awaits.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 3
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)