Dec 8, 2011, 9:22 PM EDT
Anyone remember when Teemu Selanne broke Mike Bossy’s rookie goal scoring record? The goal was just like the other 75 he scored that season—but the celebration is what most people remember. After tonight, we can probably say that Rangers forward Artem Anisimov is a fan.
After scoring a sweet shorthanded goal against the Tampa Bay Lightning to give his team the 2-1 lead in the second period, he took aim at the Lightning net. Predictably, all hell broke loose after Anisimov’s celebration leading to 38 minutes worth of penalties—including 10 minute misconducts for Anisimov and Steve Downie (for leaving the bench to join the festivities).
Here’s the question: are you alright with Anisimov’s celebration or did he deserve the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he earned for the move? More importantly, are you alright with Vinny Lecavalier (and the rest of the Lightning players) response? The comment section awaits.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 0
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)