Dec 8, 2011, 9:22 PM EST
Anyone remember when Teemu Selanne broke Mike Bossy’s rookie goal scoring record? The goal was just like the other 75 he scored that season—but the celebration is what most people remember. After tonight, we can probably say that Rangers forward Artem Anisimov is a fan.
After scoring a sweet shorthanded goal against the Tampa Bay Lightning to give his team the 2-1 lead in the second period, he took aim at the Lightning net. Predictably, all hell broke loose after Anisimov’s celebration leading to 38 minutes worth of penalties—including 10 minute misconducts for Anisimov and Steve Downie (for leaving the bench to join the festivities).
Here’s the question: are you alright with Anisimov’s celebration or did he deserve the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he earned for the move? More importantly, are you alright with Vinny Lecavalier (and the rest of the Lightning players) response? The comment section awaits.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)