Dec 8, 2011, 9:09 AM EDT
We’re not going to tell you to stop us if you’ve heard this one before because you’re going to tell us to stop. Isles goalie Rick DiPietro is likely headed for a stint on the IR thanks to a groin issue according to Arthur Staple of Newsday.
It seems cruel to mock DiPietro for continued health issues as he is capable of being a very good goalie when he’s capable of playing. That hasn’t been the case this season, however, as he’s played terribly while watching Al Montoya take the reins as the starter on Long Island. DiPietro’s current injury is made more inconvenient in that Evgeni Nabokov is also banged up leading to Kevin Poulin getting the call from Bridgeport to backup Montoya.
DiPietro gets grief for his forever long contract and being the guy that former Isles GM and NBC maven Mike Milbury traded Roberto Luongo away in favor of. In this case, we’ll just hope that DiPietro can shake things off (again) and be able to play nicely as Montoya’s caddie the rest of the season.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)