Dec 8, 2011, 9:09 AM EDT
We’re not going to tell you to stop us if you’ve heard this one before because you’re going to tell us to stop. Isles goalie Rick DiPietro is likely headed for a stint on the IR thanks to a groin issue according to Arthur Staple of Newsday.
It seems cruel to mock DiPietro for continued health issues as he is capable of being a very good goalie when he’s capable of playing. That hasn’t been the case this season, however, as he’s played terribly while watching Al Montoya take the reins as the starter on Long Island. DiPietro’s current injury is made more inconvenient in that Evgeni Nabokov is also banged up leading to Kevin Poulin getting the call from Bridgeport to backup Montoya.
DiPietro gets grief for his forever long contract and being the guy that former Isles GM and NBC maven Mike Milbury traded Roberto Luongo away in favor of. In this case, we’ll just hope that DiPietro can shake things off (again) and be able to play nicely as Montoya’s caddie the rest of the season.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 35
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)