Dec 8, 2011, 9:09 AM EDT
We’re not going to tell you to stop us if you’ve heard this one before because you’re going to tell us to stop. Isles goalie Rick DiPietro is likely headed for a stint on the IR thanks to a groin issue according to Arthur Staple of Newsday.
It seems cruel to mock DiPietro for continued health issues as he is capable of being a very good goalie when he’s capable of playing. That hasn’t been the case this season, however, as he’s played terribly while watching Al Montoya take the reins as the starter on Long Island. DiPietro’s current injury is made more inconvenient in that Evgeni Nabokov is also banged up leading to Kevin Poulin getting the call from Bridgeport to backup Montoya.
DiPietro gets grief for his forever long contract and being the guy that former Isles GM and NBC maven Mike Milbury traded Roberto Luongo away in favor of. In this case, we’ll just hope that DiPietro can shake things off (again) and be able to play nicely as Montoya’s caddie the rest of the season.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)