Dec 8, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
The Stars activated both Morrow and Goligoski from injured reserve and coach Glen Gulutzan is eager to get both of them along with defenseman Trevor Daley back in the lineup perhaps as soon as tonight against the Sharks. Without Morrow and Goligoski, the offense has slowed down and while the defense is giving up more goals, that’s got more to do with Kari Lehtonen‘s absence than Goligoski and Daley.
Morrow’s leadership and physical play will be welcomed back while Goligoski’s power play quarterbacking is what Dallas has missed out on of late. The guy who might benefit most from Goligoski’s return is Sheldon Souray. Without Goligoski, Souray’s had to handle running power plays himself. With Goligoski back, Souray will be freed up to unleash bombs from the point.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 90
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32