Dec 8, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
The Stars activated both Morrow and Goligoski from injured reserve and coach Glen Gulutzan is eager to get both of them along with defenseman Trevor Daley back in the lineup perhaps as soon as tonight against the Sharks. Without Morrow and Goligoski, the offense has slowed down and while the defense is giving up more goals, that’s got more to do with Kari Lehtonen‘s absence than Goligoski and Daley.
Morrow’s leadership and physical play will be welcomed back while Goligoski’s power play quarterbacking is what Dallas has missed out on of late. The guy who might benefit most from Goligoski’s return is Sheldon Souray. Without Goligoski, Souray’s had to handle running power plays himself. With Goligoski back, Souray will be freed up to unleash bombs from the point.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 20
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11