Dec 8, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
The Stars activated both Morrow and Goligoski from injured reserve and coach Glen Gulutzan is eager to get both of them along with defenseman Trevor Daley back in the lineup perhaps as soon as tonight against the Sharks. Without Morrow and Goligoski, the offense has slowed down and while the defense is giving up more goals, that’s got more to do with Kari Lehtonen‘s absence than Goligoski and Daley.
Morrow’s leadership and physical play will be welcomed back while Goligoski’s power play quarterbacking is what Dallas has missed out on of late. The guy who might benefit most from Goligoski’s return is Sheldon Souray. Without Goligoski, Souray’s had to handle running power plays himself. With Goligoski back, Souray will be freed up to unleash bombs from the point.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 7
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9