Dec 7, 2011, 10:55 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin provided a positive video in the Washington Capitals’ 5-3 win against the Ottawa Senators, but another clip might just earn him a suspension. Decide for yourself if Ovechkin is guilty of spearing Chris Neil after the Senators tough guy caught him with a hard check (H/T to Russian Machine Never Breaks for video):
Ovechkin didn’t get penalized during play, but Neil received two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct.
The Washington Post’s Katie Carrera caught up with both parties after the game. Ovechkin trotted out the popular “I’m not that kind of player” line while Neil politely asked for justice.
Obviously, Ovechkin has been suspended before, so that might work against him. Do you think he deserves a fine, fine and suspension or no punishment at all? Let us know in the comments. It’s likely that the league won’t address the matter until Thursday at the earliest, though.
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 0
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 7
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45