Dec 7, 2011, 10:55 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin provided a positive video in the Washington Capitals’ 5-3 win against the Ottawa Senators, but another clip might just earn him a suspension. Decide for yourself if Ovechkin is guilty of spearing Chris Neil after the Senators tough guy caught him with a hard check (H/T to Russian Machine Never Breaks for video):
Ovechkin didn’t get penalized during play, but Neil received two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct.
The Washington Post’s Katie Carrera caught up with both parties after the game. Ovechkin trotted out the popular “I’m not that kind of player” line while Neil politely asked for justice.
Obviously, Ovechkin has been suspended before, so that might work against him. Do you think he deserves a fine, fine and suspension or no punishment at all? Let us know in the comments. It’s likely that the league won’t address the matter until Thursday at the earliest, though.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)