Dec 7, 2011, 10:55 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin provided a positive video in the Washington Capitals’ 5-3 win against the Ottawa Senators, but another clip might just earn him a suspension. Decide for yourself if Ovechkin is guilty of spearing Chris Neil after the Senators tough guy caught him with a hard check (H/T to Russian Machine Never Breaks for video):
Ovechkin didn’t get penalized during play, but Neil received two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct.
The Washington Post’s Katie Carrera caught up with both parties after the game. Ovechkin trotted out the popular “I’m not that kind of player” line while Neil politely asked for justice.
Obviously, Ovechkin has been suspended before, so that might work against him. Do you think he deserves a fine, fine and suspension or no punishment at all? Let us know in the comments. It’s likely that the league won’t address the matter until Thursday at the earliest, though.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 36
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)