Dec 7, 2011, 10:55 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin provided a positive video in the Washington Capitals’ 5-3 win against the Ottawa Senators, but another clip might just earn him a suspension. Decide for yourself if Ovechkin is guilty of spearing Chris Neil after the Senators tough guy caught him with a hard check (H/T to Russian Machine Never Breaks for video):
Ovechkin didn’t get penalized during play, but Neil received two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct.
The Washington Post’s Katie Carrera caught up with both parties after the game. Ovechkin trotted out the popular “I’m not that kind of player” line while Neil politely asked for justice.
Obviously, Ovechkin has been suspended before, so that might work against him. Do you think he deserves a fine, fine and suspension or no punishment at all? Let us know in the comments. It’s likely that the league won’t address the matter until Thursday at the earliest, though.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 2
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)